Controls Engineer - Off Shift
Woodland Solutions, Inc. Saint Louis, MI
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
- Designing, developing, and troubleshooting all aspects of factory based electrical control systems, equipment, and machinery
- Familiar with and knowledge of installation, programming, and providing technical support of PLC based hardware and software, such as AB, GE, and Siemens
- Performance of testing and maintaining various electronic equipment or machinery for use in manufacturing and power transmission systems
- Ability to reactively and proactively identify network communication issues, troubleshoot electrical based problems on conveyor systems, motors, drives, pumps, etc.
- Use of computer-assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform assignments
- Evaluation of existing components and/or systems to ensure ongoing reliability and support of integrated turn-key equipment and machinery
- Develop, modify, or write operator interfaces and other platforms
- Familiar with, knowledge, and understanding of OSHA electrical safety rule and regulation such as NFPA-70E, LOTO, and Safe Cell Entry
- Willing and able to supervise, guide, and direct plant maintenance technicians as required
- Interpret production requirements, identify and address design parameters and engineering problems and ensure solutions are implemented accurately and within budget
- Analyze project requirements and perform technical calculations supporting design, including electrical requirements, robotic safety standards, and motor controls
- Oversee project workflow, support internal and external resources to ensure timely delivery of projects, expected quality, and allotted budget
- Develop electrical and software design of customized solutions, including manufacturing automation and safety systems, while ensuring project scope is maintained without project scope creep
- Support manufactured, build, and validation of manufacturing automation and safety systems, which include pneumatics, servos, vfd’s, relays, communication networks, touchscreens, pushbuttons, robotic integration, programming diagrams, network diagrams, and electrical drawings
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or related field or at least 3 - 5+ years of Electrical Controls/System Engineering industry experience
- Strong skills in ladder logic, preferably Allen-Bradley Systems; PLC5, SLC and ControLogix 5000-5580.
- Strong Skills in HMI Design, Preferably FactoryTalk View and Ignition; WonderWare. LabVIEW
- Familiarity with Ethernet/IP and basic networking applications and practices
- Working knowledge and understanding of plant power distribution equipment and controls
- Experience and working knowledge of robot teach points and programming code understanding
- Critical thinking with exceptional problem solving skills, able to work independently, and in team based environments
- Proactive, resourceful, and highly motivated with good communication skills and ability to work in a high output environment, as well as ability to balance multiple projects
Woodland Solutions, Inc.
AddressSaint Louis, MI