Woodgrain- Millwork Division Leesburg, GA
- Posted: over a month ago
The Production Manager brings the necessary characteristics to thrive in Woodgrain culture and exemplifies the company values of Safety, Integrity, Servant Leadership, Respect for People, and Customer Focus.
The Production Manager works with the Operations Manager to ensure a safe, healthy and accident-free work environment. This position is responsible for aligning the production department with the organization's strategic and long-range goals, and conducts organizational reviews to identify strengths, weaknesses, & opportunities to evaluate operational effectiveness. The manager must be a leader foremost with the ability to encourage and motivate others within the department to excel within their specific job functions. Creating a team environment where everyone contributes is the essence of this position. The Production Manager will be responsible for all aspects of the department operation, including safety metrics, coordinating the operation of equipment, productivity/waste, quality, on-time delivery and employee retention.
The Production Manager must have the ability to guide and direct each team member to keep all staff & equipment operating as safely and productively as possible. The Manager must foster a cohesive and team-focused atmosphere where each member of the team is unified throughout the production process.
The manager will be responsible for the direct management of shift supervisors. This will require effective coordination with planning and scheduling of the area and personnel management and development.
As the Manager, effective leadership skills are critical to the success of this position. As the leader of the department, the Manager must possess and demonstrate a positive attitude and should lead by example. He/she must be willing to work alongside other members of the team to encourage and strengthen them in their role. The Manager should exhibit enthusiasm and excitement that energizes the rest of the team and must develop trust and support from and for others that they manage.
The Production Manager carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include planning, assigning, and directing work on a daily basis in addition to appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees, addressing complaints and resolving problems/conflicts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Champion safety. Safety is the upmost value and priority. Maintains a healthy work environment by following and enforcing company standards, policies, and procedures as well as those required by state and federal law. Attend safety meetings, ensure safety training and coaching is being completed and participate in post-accident procedures and investigations.
- In addition to maintaining a safe work environment and a focus on team development, a strong manufacturing background is a must. The production manager is responsible for all equipment; specifics regarding the exact equipment are not critical.
- Demonstrate by example Woodgrain core values of Integrity, Safety, Servant Leadership, Respect for people, and Customer Focus.
- Ensure efficient collaboration and coordination between relevant departments.
- Promote an atmosphere of empowerment, creativity, interactive participation, and self-improvement.
- Open communication with all department team members as well as other departments. Coaching the team on how to do their jobs most effectively. Being a team leader and leading by positive example.
- Determine causes of nonconformity with product specifications, operating, or production problems.
- Develop and implement operating methods and procedures designed to eliminate operating problems and improve product quality.
- Establish production priorities of products for effective operations and cost factors.
- Lead production activities for procurement, maintenance, equipment design, and development.
- Collaborate with peer managers/departments, facilitate weekly continuous meetings to drive results on best practices, to achieve quality standards, on time delivery and cost control goals
- Establish production and quality standards, and cost controls with management. Obtain and report data regarding types, quantities, specifications, and delivery dates of product ordered.
- Tracking downtime and ways to reduce downtime.
- Maintain equipment maintenance, efficiency and safety.
- Manage, mentor, train and develop supervisory skills to fulfill company succession needs. Provide coaching, feedback, complete performance reviews and develop correction actions plans.
- Ensure headcount needs remain within the scope of forecasted budgets and production needs.
- Managing relationships of outside parts/equipment suppliers and repair technicians
- Establish and maintain principles on lean manufacturing, 5S and continuous improvement.
- Provide employees with the tools and training necessary to achieve success for the company and themselves both now and in the future.
- Changeovers and setup procedures and ways to improve them
- Uptime projections and ways to improve uptime
Process and Procedures
- Partner with supervisors and department peers in developing, implementing, enforcing, and coordinating, procedures and practices related to company policies, development of employees, operational SOP’s, safety policies and goals, OSHA compliance and performance standards.
- Run speeds and calculation of time requirements based on run speeds
- Scheduling and tracking equipment maintenance
- Storage and organization of supplies, equipment and tooling
On Time Delivery
- Obtain optimum production for utilization of human resources, machines, and equipment.
- Ship on time, metrics and contingency plans.
- Manage back log effectively.
Experience and Education
- 5+ years of experience in a production manufacturing or similar environment.
- 3+ years of Supervisory experience.
- Preferred - Degree Mechanical Engineering, Operations and Production Management, or Business Administration.
- Preferred - Experience in Lean or Six Sigma practices and philosophy.
- Strong interpersonal skills including both verbal and written communication.
- Ability to develop leadership skills, including planning, implementing, monitoring, and reporting; problem solving, decision making, and negotiating.
- Ability to define and analyze problems and develop timely and effective solutions, evaluating relevant facts to judge and form conclusions.
- Mechanical knowledge/skills a plus.
- Maintain and/or gain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies
- SAP experience a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Excel, Word & Outlook and ability to learn and instruct others on software applications.
Powered by JazzHR
Woodgrain- Millwork Division
ManufacturingView all jobs at Woodgrain- Millwork Division