IT Helpdesk Support Specialist
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
What's the job?
You’re here to help. Your teammates rely on you to help when they’re stumped. Clients rely on you when they’re stuck and really need to get stuff done. You may not be the final authority, but you’re awfully close. You know your stuff and can demonstrate it. Communication? Yep. You exude confidence and charm in email, chat, text, on the phone, and in person.
You’re adaptable. Some days the phone just won’t stop ringing and you’re the help desk for the help desk. Other days our project team needs a hand crossing tasks off the master plan. And there are the days you get to drive out to that client on the top of the hill and savor some amazing Wine Country views before swapping out misbehaving hardware.
You'll know if you're a good match for our team if:
- You were born to serve others. You take a personal interest in, and responsibility for, the quality of work you and your team deliver.
- You effectively translate geek-speak to plain English. This allows you to work effectively with people regardless of their level of technical understanding.
- You handle most tasks on your own because you're that good. And when those complex problems kick your tail (and you know they will!), you know when to bring in your team and empower them to empower you.
- You dig working with and getting real with your clients and teammates. You get that customer service is about solving problems, not stroking your ego.
- While you are self-motivated, being on a great team really gets you juiced. You are 100% down with being measured by the success of your team.
- You want to be held accountable for your actions. In fact, when problems happen, the first question on your mind is “what’s my role in this mess?”
- Even when you're swamped you communicate really well. You know how to take a breath and muster up some good old-fashioned empathy.
- You are articulate in your communications: with clients, in time entries, SOPs, briefings, etc. You understand the positive impact of clear communication.
- You are great at managing and tracking your time and providing accurate ETAs. You get that your clients and teammates depend on your ability to stick to a schedule.
- Our industry is always advancing rapidly. The best people for this position look to learn and grow because they want to be on the cutting edge, whether that's on technology or on their own personal development.
You have the following customer service qualifications:
- Easily build rapport with a variety of people by showing compassion and empathy
- Ask pertinent & revealing questions to get to heart of the matter
- Respond well to time constraints and know the importance of communicating ETA's to clients
- Success in integrating and/or solving problems in on-premise business networks and hosted environments like Microsoft Azure
- Use all available resources to solve problems
You have the following technical qualifications:
- Experience with Windows PCs, from the hardware to the latest Microsoft OS and apps
- Bonus points for Mac proficiency
- Experience with mobile device management (iOS and Android)
- Practical working knowledge of IP network troubleshooting
- Experience with Microsoft 365 apps (Exchange, Teams, OneDrive, SharePoint)
- Bonus points if you have experience with additional technologies MSPs use to support business networks:
- Business continuity systems
- PSA, RMM , & documentation tools
- Experience with Word, Excel, and Visio
- Work time is split between office, home, and client sites. We expect this arrangement to continue until COVID-19 is an afterthought. We’ll provide a company laptop and docks for office and home.
- Our schedule typically follows business hours, and sometimes we’ll ask you to work nights and weekends because, you know, that’s part of the gig. We assume you’re in good enough shape to lift heavy stuff (at least 50 lbs.) safely.
- You have a reliable, high-speed Internet connection at home that allows reliable, trouble-free access to cloud-based systems, a VoIP phone, Teams, Zoom, and remote access into clients’ systems.
- You have an available workspace at home, free from noises that are detectable over the phone.
- You’ve got a reliable vehicle, a valid California Driver’s License, car insurance, and a clean driving record. In addition, we will ask you to consent to a pre-employment background check, credit check, and drug screen.
- COVID-19 Notice: Because you’re concerned about the health of your teammates and our clients, you will have proof of your completed COVID-19 vaccination prior to your start date (in compliance with, and subject to exceptions required by federal, state, and local law).
solutions. We have a light-hearted culture and believe in empowering one another through empathy, individual accountability, and transparency. We are a group of proactive, independent, competent problem solvers that get energized by figuring out how to serve
our clients and our teammates with top-notch service. Yes, we work hard, but we have fun accomplishing the goals of our clients, our team, and our organization at the same time.
Wooden Spoon Managed IT Services
521 College AveSanta Rosa, CA
Get fresh IT Helpdesk Support Specialist jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.