Student Ministry Pastor
The Student Ministry Pastor is responsible for all aspects of students (grades 5-12) and related parenting ministry at Wooddale Church’s Edina Campus. Through strong leadership and relational skills, this person will oversee the growth and effectiveness of the campus’s student ministry as it relates to the mission of Wooddale Church to honor God by making more disciples for Jesus Christ. This leader will instruct and equip students through biblical literacy, Christian apologetics, and biblical worldview as they become young adults; and will equip parents and families in raising students to have resilient hope in Jesus Christ.
- Create weekly programs and events that effectively engage 5th-12th grade students and align with Wooddale’s vision for student ministry.
- Provide weekly teachings and discussions that invite students to grow in their faith and live for Jesus.
- Recruit, train, and lead a growing team of volunteers by casting vision, empowering them to disciple students through small groups and event experiences.
- Be present at Edina worship services and events to connect with students and families.
- Build relationships with youth and parents during the week through off-campus connections, attending sporting/school events, etc.
- Communicate with families through various media (electronic, social, print, etc.).
- Plan student outreach events and build bridges into the community in order to reach more families, demonstrate a gospel-centered servant heart to the community, and grow the ministry.
- Contribute to the overall ministry of the Edina campus by participating in regular staff meetings and campus initiatives/events.
- Meet regularly with Wooddale’s Student Ministry, Next Gen and Family staff for collaboration across campuses to have a shared vision, mission and strategy as one church in multiple locations.
- A Bachelor’s degree in the fields of Bible, Theology, Ministry, Child Development, Education, Business, Non-profit leadership, or related is required. Masters and/or seminary degree is a plus.
- 3-5 years of relevant ministry and leadership experience with students, parents, and families.
- Experienced in effectively teaching and discipling students and parents from a biblical worldview.
- Skilled at recruiting, building, and leading teams of volunteers.
- Driven by a passion for students to experience God’s love for them and develop in their own spiritual maturity and call into his mission.
- Commitment to growing the program through reaching new students and families in the surrounding community.
- Ability to equip students as they develop into young adults who know what they believe and believe what they know, are following Jesus, being changed by Jesus, and living on mission with Jesus.
- Ability to equip parents and families to cultivate a home that honors God, his Word, and a relationship with Christ, so that the next generation will know Jesus personally and serve the world through his Spirit.
- Strong upfront and interpersonal communication skills with ability to relate to students/adults/families of various ages and backgrounds.
- Team up with Wooddale Student Ministry, Family and Next Gen Ministry staff to be united in our vision and strategy across campuses.
- Collaborates with the Edina Campus Pastor in building a holistic approach to ministering to all generations and cultivating a cross-generational model of discipleship.
- Desires to share the Gospel with students in a variety of age-appropriate ways including media, art, serving, worship and small groups.
- A consistent drive to dream, execute and improve programming.
- Able to navigate problems/conflict and implement solutions.
- Committed to growing as a disciple who is following Jesus, being changed by Jesus and living on mission with Jesus.
- Committed to the mission, vision, values and leadership of Wooddale Church.
- Subscribe to and affirm the Statement of Faith and Covenant of Wooddale Church.
- Become or remain a regular participant in weekend services and a member in good standing at Wooddale Church.
RELATIONSHIPS: Reports to the Edina Campus Pastor.
- Works closely with Edina Campus Staff and Wooddale Student Ministry, Family and Next Gen Ministry Staff across campuses.
- Collaborates and cooperates with other church staff and/or departments as needed.
EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK & TRAVEL
This position is full time. It requires preparation for Sunday morning programming as well as Wednesday evenings with students, and may change based on the ministry leader’s recommendations and alignment with families. It also requires the ability to travel to all campuses and off-site meetings in the surrounding community, as needed, to connect with students and families.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
EOE – Equal Opportunity Employer
Wooddale ChurchMinneapolis, MN
Get fresh Student Ministry Pastor jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.