Campus Worship Leader
Wooddale Church Minneapolis, MN
- Posted: over a month ago
Wooddale Church is a multi-site church located in Eden Prairie, Edina, and Minneapolis. The Loring Park neighborhood is located in downtown Minneapolis, and home to a multicultural and unique community of young professionals, artists, urban families, and suburban retirees.
The Loring Park Campus Worship Leader is responsible for the overall planning and creation of engaging worship experiences at the Loring Park campus. Along with the other campus staff members, this individual will help find innovative, creative, and engaging ways to build relationships with residents through the arts, community development, and strategic partnerships to grow the campus. The Campus Worship Leader will report directly to the Campus Pastor and have a dotted line relationship with the Creative Arts Pastor at Wooddale Church.
- Primary worship leader for the Loring Park Campus, helping to lead, develop, and grow the creative arts volunteers and staff at the campus
- Under the direction of the Campus Pastor, responsible for the contextualized implementation of church wide, service-related creative elements
- Arrange music, create song charts, and distribute applicable materials via Planning Center Online, schedule musicians, and lead rehearsals at the campus
- Work with and alongside of other Worship and Production staff, and participate in weekly campus and full team meetings
- Occasionally lead worship across other Wooddale campuses, special events, and other church wide gatherings
- Event coordination, relationship building, and other leadership or administration as needed on the campus team for community outreach, special events, and opportunities for discipleship
- Vocally and musically proficient with the ability to lead a team of volunteer and professional musicians, giving overall direction to both the musical and vocal elements
- Experience and familiarity in music technology, such as ProTools, Ableton Live, Logic, and MainStage desired
- Evidence of a thriving, healthy relationship with Jesus Christ
- Gifted, spirit-led worship leader, able to differentiate between presentational and participatory worship experiences
- Subscribe to and affirm the Statement of Faith and Covenant of Wooddale Church
- Remain a member in good standing of Wooddale Church
- Be a regular participant in public worship at Wooddale Church
- Collaborative and experienced leader gifted in developing a healthy team and worship culture
- Strong interpersonal skills to build and grow relationships with a variety of people from diverse backgrounds, at Wooddale and in the Loring Park community
- Strategic and organized in the planning and implementation of engaging worship experiences
- Adaptability to a variety of cultures and contexts across Wooddale’s campuses
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
This job operates in an office setting and on stage will include using standard office and stage equipment. The employee is regularly required to talk, hear or sing and frequently required to stand, walk, use hands and reach with hands and arms. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK & TRAVEL
- Typical schedule includes weekday hours as well as weekend services and responsibilities.
- Evening, weekend, and extended hours as holiday and other events require.
- Requires the ability to occasionally commute to and work from other campuses as needed.
Reports to: Campus Pastor
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We use E-verify to verify employment eligibility.
EOE – Equal Opportunity Employer