We currently have an opportunity to join our team as a Information Technology (Medical) Help Desk Technician in Colorado Springs, CO. Please read below the responsibilities and requirements for this position. If you meet the requirements and would be able to consistently perform the duties please apply for the position now.
Eligible candidates will provide support to for the 21st Medical Group Clinic Operations at Peterson AFB and Schriever AFB by means of on-site technical assistance, and remote desktop assistance, including the use of personal computers, software, peripheral hardware, and procedural documentation in a LAN/WAN environment. Help Desk activities include, but are not limited to:
- Install and configure personal computer peripheral hardware and authorized software.
- Troubleshoot & problem resolution of personal computer, peripherals, hardware and installed software, including warranty tracking and repair (including clinic unique hardware & software).
- Enter and retrieve work order data into help desk database.
- Problem identification and resolution, problem tracking and trend analysis (some report generation associated with this) and problem escalation (when required).
- Back up shared data drives/servers.
- Apply security updates/patches as requested by network managers.
- Coordinate with other network and communication agencies; assist as required with upgrades, installations, etc.
- Prepare and turn in ADPE equipment to Defense Re-utilization Management Office as required.
- Assist as needed in inventory management program and new equipment deployment.
- Document best practices and submitting monthly Help Desk activity reports.
- Support the following software and hardware - MS Windows (2000/XP/Vista/7/10); MS Office Suite (Office, Word Excel, Powerpoint, Access); SharePoint; Desktop Publishing; Photoshop, Scanning Software; PIMR/CITA (need) (Immunization Tracking); Digital Radiology Software (Digital Imaging Network - Picture Archiving and Communications System (DINPAC), IMAX (need), MIPAC (need)); Pharmacy support software (Pharmassist); Relational Databases (for example: SQL Servers); CD-RW Software; Windows—based PCs and servers; Laptops, Notebooks, Tablets; Blackberrys, PDAs; Printers, scanners, FAX machines; Data Communication equipment (for example: routers, switches, etc.); Wireless access points; Digital Dental Radiology System (DDRS); Defense Medical Logistics Support System (DMLSS); Armed Forces Health Longitudinal Technology Application (AHLTA); Corporate Dental Application (CDA); Other clinical applications.
- Provide the following Network support: Connecting network drops to activated ports on switches/routers; troubleshoot problems associated with connectivity between End User Device (EUDs)/switches from/to other locations.
Work Schedule: The hours are 7:30 am - 4:30 pm, Mon - Fri. Occasional work may be required during non-core hours to minimize disruption to end-users. Work hours shall not exceed 40 hours per week, unless there is an emergency, and do not include weekends and the ten major Federal Holidays.
Eligible candidates, at a minimum, will have:
- High School graduate certificate or equivalent
- A+ certification
- Security+ within 6 months of hire date (for full time employment positions)
- Current BLS Certification
- U.S. citizenship and possess a SECRET security clearance, or have the ability to obtain one, in order to access a classified computer terminal, within the clinic, that requires troubleshooting
- Proof of vaccination records
- Advanced education and other technical training is highly recommended
- One year of Medical Information System related experience is preferred
- This is a temporary 3 month assignment (Approximately from the end of August and will go for 12 consecutive weeks)
- This contract is under the SCA Labor Law which dictates the salary of $17.69/hr plus $4.27/hr H&W
- Competitive Salaries
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Life and Disability
- 10 Paid Federal Holidays
- 15 Days of Paid Time Off