Built in 1956 with a single towboat, Wood Resources continues to be a pioneer and leader in towing, dredging, ship mooring, and delivering the best materials along the Mississippi River. Passed down from generations, Wood Resources prides itself on having an unmatched family culture with dedicated and skilled employees that are committed to providing customers with the highest quality of materials and services for the best value.
We are looking for a motivated, driven, and hands-on accounting professional to build on our continued success while serving in the role of Controller. If you have the desired skills and want to grow with a great organization in the New Orleans area, we would love to speak with you!
What traits do we seek? Successful candidates will…
- Shine at thinking strategically, communicating effectively, and adapting to new situations with innovative approaches.
- Display strong attention to details while managing various priorities with competing deadlines.
- Excel in accounting, financial, and tax principles, including GAAP and payroll processing.
- Possess at least 10 years of relevant accounting experience with three years of supervisory experience and a bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
What Do You Get to Do? You will…
- Oversee accounting operations of associated companies, especially the control systems, transaction-processing operations, and policies and procedures while leading and managing the accounting team.
- Establish and maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures in accordance with company, federal, and state regulations and laws, including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Develop and maintain accounting, finance, and budget processes, including fixed assets. Forecast and calculate variances related to company-wide and departmental budgets.
- Provide accounting and financial expertise, analysis and input to Senior Leadership related to business decisions that may impact the organization’s profitability and success. Prepare and present financial reports to Senior Leadership as needed, and others as required, related to budget management, revenue, profitability, A/P, A/R, expenses, etc.
- Maintain the general ledger and chart of accounts and ensure transactions are accurately and consistently posted. Prepare monthly and year-end closes and monthly and year-end financial reports.
- Ensure accounts payables are paid in a timely manner and accounts receivables are collected promptly. Oversee the extension of credit to customers.
- Confirm bank accounts are reconciled monthly, verify deposits, and address inquiries from banks.
- Manage the company’s payroll process and ensure payroll, reconciliations, and account postings are completed timely.
- Provide guidance related to the benefits program and assist with analysis and evaluation during the renewal process.
- Forecast cash flow positions related to borrowing needs and available funds for investment and analyze market trends and competitors.
Want to set yourself apart? Bonus points for candidates that have…
- Relevant experience managing accounting/financial operations for a management company with multi-subsidiaries/associated companies.
- Innovative and strategic ideas to build on our continued success.
If you are up for this fantastic career opportunity with a growing company, please send your resume to HRAssist@pncpa.com. Be sure to include “Controller” in the subject line. We welcome you to learn more about us at WoodResources.com.
This job posting is a summary of the primary duties and responsibilities of the position. It is not intended to be a comprehensive listing of all duties and responsibilities. A detailed job description will be provided during the interview.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age (40 or older), disability, genetic information, and any other protected status.