Wood is seeking a Senior Project Manager / Senior Civil Engineer, with 10 to 25 years of experience, to join our team in the Los Angeles/Orange County area in CA. The ideal candidate will have meaningful experience in transportation, water/wastewater, civil, utilities and infrastructure design to support the civil design and program management practice of the Infrastructure Branch. This person will also be responsible for business development, proposal preparation, strategy development and client relationships with public agencies and private clients in this market in California.
Primary focus for project execution work will include project/contract management, preparation of studies, plans, specifications and estimates (PS&E) for various infrastructure projects. These include but are not limited to port facilities (marine terminals, off-dock facilities, etc.), water/wastewater facilities, various civil improvements (including utility design, site grading and drainage and familiarity with national and local codes and requirements), roadway design, pump stations and other improvements. Project work will include hydraulic calculations, volumetric earthwork calculations, roadway calculations, cost estimating, studies and attending client meetings.
- Lead teams that support miscellaneous civil engineering work
- Manage project design teams including subcontractor deliverables, cost, schedule and quality management
- Support civil site development work
- Convey results and findings by means of oral discussions, graphic-based presentations and project documentation
- Design or redesign complex layouts and drawings from general written or verbal specifications from project team
- Work with project team to investigate and resolve problems with existing designs and make corrections to the drawings as requested by the senior staff
- Conduct engineering calculations necessary for project development
- Help develop detailed design submittal packages for the client review
- Create and update database of design records for future reference in the required software
- Adhere to discipline-specific CAD standards
- BS in Civil or Environmental Engineering or other similar engineering degree required
- Civil Engineering License in California required
- A minimum of 10 years of experience managing projects/programs, overseeing design delivery, preparing design drawings and conducting engineering calculations, leading engineering teams or relevant experience required
- Prior experience with transportation, water, wastewater and port infrastructure design preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Proficiency in Bentley MicroStation, AutoCAD, ProjectWise, InRoads, WaterGEMS, SewerGEMs, SpecLink software
- Proven ability to read and understand both 2D and 3D drawings
- Knowledge or understanding the principals of Surveying and GIS helpful
- Must pass drug test, background check and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.