Wood Group Pratt & Whitney Bloomfield, CT
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We serve customers around the world in commercial power generation, the marine industry. Procurement personnel are responsible for managing the purchase of goods and services as required for the operation of the WGPW business. Purchasing Associate is responsible for purchasing all Inventory Non-Inventory commodities and services to support operations. The Purchasing Associate coordinates on-time delivery of goods and services, tracks and administers all changes and updates to purchase orders.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include but not limited to the following:
- Quote materials, parts, and services to assure that WGPW is receiving the best possible value for all purchases.
- Ability to retrieve, read, & understand blueprints, processing specs.
- Create and maintain quote files.
- Interface with suppliers on negotiations, deliveries and shipments.
- Initiate, process, and expedite purchase orders.
- Responsible for the return of non-conforming material or over shipment.
- Advise the Purchasing Manager of trends in the market place.
- Maintain minimum and/or maximum requirements insuring adequate stock levels as the product line dictates.
- Maintain purchasing files and records.
- Update the purchase orders to reflect accurate delivery schedules.
- Perform other related & associated duties as necessitated by job responsibilities or special projects as directed by
- Conducts oneself in a businesslike manner, be a team player.
- Maintains a safe and clean work area and adheres to all housekeeping requirements.
- Complies with all WGPW EHS standards and procedures as defined by the EH&S program and the WGPW employee handbook.
- May be required to work overtime as business conditions dictate.
- Occasionally require travel to suppliers.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
A High School diploma or equivalent plus additional training and/or technical school is required. In addition one to three years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience a plus.
Ability to read, write, and interpret documents such as professional letters and correspondence, safety rules, operation and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
Must be able to calculate and solve basic mathematical problems.
Employee must be able to solve practical problems using pre-existing standards. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Must have good organization, written communication, computer, and clerical skills and the ability to work with Microsoft Office, Outlook, and email and WGPW electronic systems.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, use hands to type, and handle or feel objects, and be on the phone extensively. The employee is occasionally required to walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and move up to 30 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Good hearing is also required.
The work environment is an office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Minimal travel to vendors exposes employee to outside environment intermittently. Employee may have to pass through the factory and be exposed to different levels or noise, parts, fumes, airborne particles, solvents and oils on a limited basis.
Wood Group Pratt & Whitney
1460 Blue Hills avenueBloomfield, CT
BusinessView all jobs at Wood Group Pratt & Whitney