Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is seeking an Operations Manager to join our Puget Sound offices team.
- Lead the operation of the Puget Sound offices as responsible P&L manager reporting to the Area Manager
- Take responsibility for office financial performance, client satisfaction, staff deployment and development, resource management and office business development activities
- Establishes annual business goals and strategies and prepares annual business strategic plan
- Directs the offices marketing program and expands the firm's business in the geographic area served by the Puget Sound office
- Serves as a visionary leader for office staff
- Provides technical, consulting and project management leadership to office staff and participates as a technical consultant and/or project manager on appropriate projects
- Ensures financial controls, quality assurance / quality control and compliance to Company policies
- Participates in marketing presentations to key clients
- Fosters team environment and develops staff through mentoring, leadership and training programs
- Directs office recruitment and staffing needs and manages Loss Prevention / Risk Management issues for the office
- Entails approval for contracts and commitments of work consistent with Company policy for signing authorities as Office Manager
- Requires individual discipline and knowledge to meet office budgets on a month-to-month basis; Therefore, the leader must be capable of functioning independently on office-specific issues and with minimal management approval
- BS / MS in Engineering or Science and Professional Certification / Registration desired
- Participation in professional organizations desired
- 15 - 20+ years' experience in project and business management (at least 10 years as Project Manager) and relevant technical discipline
- Strong technical experience, strong project management experience and good client relationships
- Managed a profit center in the $15+ million in annual gross revenue range
- Understands federal, state, commercial and municipal markets with demonstrated skill in marketing and proposal development
- Possesses and demonstrates an enthusiasm to develop client and strategic teaming relationships through regular personal contact
- Proven supervisory skills and a leadership style that promotes participatory management technique teamwork, innovation and results
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Must pass drug screen, background check and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
If you can't see the perfect role advertised online, the talent community is the best way to keep up to date with job opportunities and events relevant to you.
Click here to join today!