Patient Care Technician (Nights) - Med/Surg
Wood County Hospital Bowling Green, OH
- Posted: over a month ago
Wood County Hospital is now accepting applications for a Patient Care Technician in our Med/Surg Department. The Patient Care Technician delivers direct/indirect care to patients of all ages from neonate, infant, pediatric, adolescent, and adult to geriatric, under the delegation/direction/supervision of a physician, registered nurse, and/or licensed practical nurse. Assists in maintaining a safe, clean environment and performs clerical/administrative functions as assigned.
- Provides/assists with and accurately documents patient monitoring
- Provides/assists with and accurately documents activities of daily living (ADLs)
- Changes bed linens and straightens/organizes the patient’s room throughout shift; provides extra linens, blankets, as needed; safeguards personal items
- Transports patients
- Accurately documents the appropriate set-up, use, adjustment, application, discontinuation, and/or cleaning of patient care equipment
Hours: Full Time, 36 hours per week
Shift: Evening Shift, 5:45pm - 6:15am
On-Call, weekend and holiday rotation required
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Enrollment/completion of a nurse aide program or prior experience providing nurse aide duties such as; Activities of Daily Living(ADL), bed changes, transferring, taking vital signs, blood sugar finger sticks, personal hygiene assistance etc. A combination of education and experience will be considered for this role.
- Current American Heart Association (AHA) Healthcare Provider CPR (BLS) certification required.
- STNA, Medical Assistant, or CNA preferred
- Previous neonatal, pediatric, adolescent, adult, and/or geriatric patient care experience preferred
Join our team, and you’ll have access to a cutting-edge facility with state of the art technology. You’ll also interact with some of the region's top notch healthcare professionals. You’ll find plenty of opportunities to grow and advance your career.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Great health, dental and vision plans
- Competitive wages
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- Generous short term and long term disability plans
- Employer-matched 403(b)
- Employer sponsored cash balance pension plan
- Vacation and Holiday time
- Generous tuition reimbursement
- And a lot more!
Powered by JazzHR