Remote Part Time Flexible Customer Care Representative
Wondrium Chantilly, VA
- Posted: over a month ago
- $15 to $19 Hourly (plus commission)
- Benefits: vision, 401k, dental, life insurance, medical,
Remote Part Time Flexible Customer Care Representative
A pioneer in the lifelong-learning market, Wondrium is a popular and growing media company that produces Wondrium: a series of comprehensive and engaging, university-level, video and audio courses taught by the world’s greatest professors. These subject matter experts are chosen among the top 1% of professors and industry experts world-wide specifically for their ability to teach effectively. Wondrium series covers a wide variety of topics ranging from traditional liberal arts subjects such as philosophy, history, literature, and the sciences, to practical classes in photography, foreign languages, health and wellness, business skills and much more. The company has ongoing partnerships with venerable education brands such as the Smithsonian, National Geographic, Mayo Clinic, The Culinary Institute of America, and others. Through its unique consumer-input driven model, Wondrium creates only the content that customers want and has developed a catalog of more than 650 Great Courses comprising over 8,500 hours of content. Courses are delivered to customers worldwide via a variety of channels, including digital downloads, DVD and CD sales, and via The Great Courses Plus—a subscription video-on-demand platform that PC Magazine has called “Netflix for Learning.” Since its establishment in 1990, Wondrium has sold more than 25 million courses to a diverse, multi-generational group of customers around the world, whose common interest is their deep love of learning. Prominent and loyal customers of Wondrium include Bill Gates, Charles Schwab, and Jim Collins, to name a few.
We are currently looking for tech-savvy Fully Remote, Part-Time Flexible Customer Care Representatives to work 100% remotely averaging 20 hours per week. This position is in a fast-paced, in-bound Call Center working from the comfort of your home office with a great deal of schedule flexibility for a reputable educational media company. We offer competitive pay, a supportive and inclusive culture, unlimited opportunities for learning and personal/professional development, and opportunities for professional advancement!
- Must be available to work hours between 9:00 AM – 10:00 PM Monday - Friday (float shift)
- Work on one weekend day is required. Weekend hours will be between 9:00 AM-5:00 PM (float shift)
- Black Friday is mandatory workday
- Hours will vary between 8-40 per week depending on call volume. Average hours will be 16-20 per week.
- Providing inbound phone-based customer service
- Managing relationships with customers; generating additional sales by up-selling and cross-selling
- Resolving complaints, general questions, processing orders, and various administrative projects needed in the operation of the Call Center
- Communicating with customers regarding all aspects of purchasing, owning, and returning our products
- Simultaneously manage multiple computer applications/technology tools and efficiently navigate Windows (MS Office) programs like Outlook and Excel
- Achieving detailed knowledge and become a Subject Matter Expert (SME) on our products and policies to provide expert service to our highly valued customers
- Must be able to adapt to frequent changes in policy, product offerings, and Call Center operations
Education and Experience
- Associates degree or higher
- Two (2) years of in-bound, phone-based customer service and sales experience; strongly preferred
- Tech-savvy; able to effectively use technology tools and resources required to successfully perform the duties and responsibilities of the job
- Experience working in Outlook and Excel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to interact with customers and accurately record information
- Proven customer service skills to provide top-notch, outstanding customer service to our customers
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a larger and highly supportive team
- Ability to sit at computer and work on the phone for extended periods of time
Requirements for remote work
- Secure home office environment free from background noise and distractions of any kind conducive to phone-based customer service support
- Reliable high-speed internet – ISP connections must consistently provide minimum upload/download speeds of 10 megabits per second
- Schedule flexibility to work the required hours
We are currently hiring from the following states:
Affirmative Action/EEO statement
The Teaching Company provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
WondriumWhy Work Here?
Amazing company culture, great perk and benefits, super flexible work environment, and a truly mind-blowing product!
Insert updated info here