Wonderstorm is a STORY and PLAY studio in Los Angeles founded by former creative leaders from Riot Games and Naughty Dog, Aaron Ehasz, Justin Richmond and Justin Santistevan. The studio aims to create deep worlds and stories that will form the basis for lasting franchises. Our first franchise, The Dragon Prince, premiered as a Netflix original series in September 2018, and the company is developing a AAA-quality video game based in the same world.
The Dragon Prince topped a variety of popularity lists, including Rotten Tomatoes, and was quickly renewed for a 2nd and 3rd Season. It has captivated millions across all ages and inspired a passionate fan community attracted to its action, adventure, humor and diversity of character.Job Description
- Collaborate with the art, design, and engineering teams to define audio pipeline and workflows; R&D new techniques and best practices to implement into production pipeline
- Partner closely with the Art Director and Creative Director to establish style and ensure unified sound and consistent quality across game
- Provide mentorship, feedback, and training to others on the team
- Maintain the audio direction and vision through all phases of the game development.
- A willingness to get into the work and create something
- 5+ years in the role of Audio Designer or Senior Audio Designer
- Proven track record in at least one shipped title (preferably AAA)
- Comprehensive understanding and practical experience in every facet of game audio production
- Expert understanding of Foley, recording, mixing, sound design, implementation, scripting voice over, and localization techniques and best practices
- Experience with a combat or fighting game is a big plus
- Experience with the Unreal 4 Engine is a big plus
- Ability to work with a high degree of self-direction and motivation
- Strong communication and time management skills
- Able to prioritize and multi-task
- Creative nature with strong problem solving skills
We come to work every day inspired by the opportunity to make great games and stories together. Wonderstorm is an energizing place! We're looking for talented, creative, and passionate people to join our small team in order to make a big difference.
Wonderstorm offers excellent benefits, including:
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive salaries
- Employee stock options (we're all owners)
- Free gym access
Please submit a cover letter via the “Your Message to the Hiring Manager” section on the application.
Wonderstorm Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.