Guide Team Member
Wonderspaces Philadelphia, PA
- Posted: over a month ago
- $14 Hourly
Wonderspaces creates art shows that make the world’s creativity accessible to all. We believe that art can play a role in the lives of those it does not reach today, if it can be made accessible. We’re building a bridge between artists and new audiences, designing shows where visitors share creativity with the people they care about. Our mission is to create shared understanding through shared experiences.
Guides are the heartbeat of a Wonderspaces show and are directly responsible for an extraordinary visitor experience. You must be an effective communicator, well-presented, adaptable, and engaging.
- Represent and communicate Wonderspaces mission to visitors in a positive, authentic way in accordance with our values, and standards
- Be the champion of the visitor experience by adhering to established systems and processes
- Become well versed in all artist and installation information in order to provide a positive visitor experience
- Communicate and uphold show policies with visitors around artwork engagement and general show best practices (i.e. not allowing food/beverage in certain installations, requesting that visitors don’t touch certain artworks, etc.)
- Support various functions of the overall show experience, across all departments (including but not limited to: artwork guide, ticketing, reception, customer service, maintenance and shop/snack bar sales)
- Ensure the overall cleanliness and safety of exhibition space
- Must demonstrate exceptional customer service and communication skills
- Maintain a neat and professional appearance
- Able to handle high-volume customer service/visitor foot traffic in accordance with state and local laws
- Self-motivated when working independently, but also can be a team player
- Flexible schedule, ability to work nights and weekends
- Ability to lift up to 45lb as needed
Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Wonderspaces Philadelphia LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Wonderspaces partners with artists from around the world to present art shows that serve as a place to gather with friends and family. We are an early-stage startup that has proven its core concept and is building the team to scale our impact across the country.