Co-Manager, Art Production
Wonderspaces Austin, TX
- Posted: over a month ago
- $19 to $22 Hourly
- Benefits: life insurance, medical, vision, dental
Wonderspaces creates art shows that make the world’s creativity accessible to all. We believe that art can play a role in the lives of those it does not reach today, if it can be made accessible. We’re building a bridge between artists and new audiences, designing shows where visitors share creativity with the people they care about. Our mission is to create shared understanding through shared experiences.
The Co-Manager, Art Production is responsible for directly supervising the production operations of Wonderspaces shows which includes the setup, teardown, and maintenance of all artworks. Armed with the company’s best practices, you will assist the General Manager in leading and training the Austin team to embody Wonderspace’s mission and values. Additional responsibilities may include inventory management, production/maintenance, team administration, and information systems. A close attention to detail, superior management skills, and a dedication to implementing and improving best practices is vital to success in this role.
- Deliver an extraordinary visitor experience and improve it over time
- Oversee artwork maintenance and components, including inventory management
- Partner with HQ team on artwork training documentation and best practices
- Supervise and train guides to execute Wonderspaces shows while exceeding our quality standards
- Support various functions of the overall show experience, across all departments (including but not limited to: artwork guide, ticketing, reception, customer service, maintenance and bar shop sales)
- Lead & direct teams of guides during installs clearly, efficiently and safely
- On a rotating basis, manage additional operational processes as required
- Adhere to and improve company standards and processes
- Operate in accordance with Federal, State, and Local laws and best practices to ensure visitor and team safety
- Flexible working hours, including nights and weekends
- Ability to lift up to 45lbs as needed
- Proficient with technology, including Google Suite and Microsoft Office
- Handy with tools
Experience and Skills
- 2+ years of management experience
- Experience in the arts or events preferred
- Bachelor's Degree
Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Wonderspaces Austin LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Related keywords: manager, retail management, store manager, hobby-lobby, management, retail
Wonderspaces partners with artists from around the world to present art shows that serve as a place to gather with friends and family. We are an early-stage startup that has proven its core concept and is building the team to scale our impact across the country.
1205 Sheldon CoveAustin, TX