Recruitment Specialist - Part Time With Benefits - Hybrid
- $40,000 to $62,000 Yearly
Why Work for Wonders Early Learning + Extended Day?
Play isn't just fun, It's fundamental! Children need playtime, it is crucial for healthy development. Children learn about the world by exploring ideas, manipulating objects, investigating creative materials, and problem-solving with others. Using imagination and creativity, children take on new roles and test new concepts. Wonders teachers use observation and planning to create learning experiences that are intentional and provide meaningful context for children to practice skills and express ideas.
Join the Wonders family of caring, dedicated, and fun educators!
Our Mission - To create and advance high quality, diverse educational communities that teach children the foundations of life-long learning and social responsibility.
Since our inception in 1976, our goal has been to provide non-profit, quality child care to working families. Over the years, we have grown from a single center in the basement of All Saint's Church in Chevy Chase, Maryland to multiple accredited early learning, extended day, and summer camp programs across the DC Metropolitan Region.
Our programs support today's workforce, while growing the workforce of tomorrow.
Benefits & Compensation
Our benefits package includes paid time off, holidays, winter break, medical with HRA, dental, vision, life insurance, disability, critical illness, accident insurance, 403(b) retirement savings plan, Wonders tuition discounts, and professional development training. Benefits eligibility is dependent on job type status.
We provide paid pre-employment background checks, fingerprinting, medical exams, & drug screens as well as paid New Hire Orientation.
Wonders values its educators and leaders and we invest in our workforce by prioritizing compensation and nurturing meaningful careers. Our educators are regularly engaged in efforts towards continuous improvement in their skills and knowledge in the classroom. Approximately 80% of our annual budget is directed to staff compensation.
Manage the full life cycle of recruitment for Wonders' staff and volunteer positions to ensure that Wonders classrooms meet licensing and accreditation requirements and align with the Wonders mission and educational philosophy. Design recruitment strategies to expand the applicant pool and increase awareness of employment opportunities at Wonders.
- Manage the staffing needs of the organization
- Using ATS software, maintain data on recruitment needs and hiring trends
- Collaborate with Program Directors and Operations Director to ensure the recruitment process meets regulatory and accreditation requirements and satisfies program needs
- Provide weekly recruitment reports to the administrative team and Program Directors
- Establish and maintain relationships within the community to create pipelines for potential candidates
- Establish and maintain a variety of social media platforms
- Attend job fairs and other networking functions
- Manage all aspects of the recruitment process, including oversight of the ATS software
- Maintain current and accurate position descriptions
- Pre-screen candidates to ensure qualifications are met according to licensing standards and job requirements
- Conduct interviews utilizing objective evaluation methods to determine suitability
- Coordinate and schedule interviews with other members of the Wonders team
- Collect all required employment or volunteer paperwork
- Assist the HR Manager with hiring and onboarding activities
- Perform recruitment functions utilizing the applicant tracking system, including maintaining candidate records and dispositions, submitting job ads, updating job screening questions and other site maintenance functions
- Oversee the recruitment activities of program staff assisting with hiring efforts
- Provide a professional and enjoyable experience for the candidates
- Complete professional training as required and approved
- Other duties or responsibilities as assigned
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment or independently
- Minimum two years' experience in recruitment or related Human Resources experience; education and childcare recruitment experience preferred
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Education, Business, Sociology, Psychology, or related field
- Familiarity with NAEYC standards and principles is a plus
- Proficiency using Google applications, Microsoft Office, and Applicant Tracking Systems
- Professional verbal and written communication skills
Job Type: Part-Time With Benefits / 30-35 Hours Weekly / Hybrid
Work Location: Bethesda, MD
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Wonders Early Learning + Extended DayBethesda, MD
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.