The SEO Manager will work to build, manage, optimize and evolve our SEO client accounts. Driving quality conversions for our clients through search engine marketing campaigns is at the heart of this role. Daily tasks will include but not be limited to, adding content to Wordpress and Webflow websites, engaging backlink campaigns, executing onsite optimization, providing campaign analysis and suggesting campaign optimizations, reviewing campaigns with clients via phone calls and email.
**This is an in-office position**
- Understanding of search engine optimization, ranking factors, and digital marketing principles.
- Working knowledge of Wordpress and other website backend management systems.
- Ability to optimize new and existing web pages and blogs for search engine rankings.
- Comfortable with the full range of Google products from Google Analytics, Search Console, and Google Tag Manager, to Gmail and Google Drive.
- Ability to analyze data to find insights and make recommendations that improve clients’ SEO performance.
- Must be detail-oriented with strong attention to follow-through on tasks assigned
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong ability to optimize online content including new and existing web pages and blogs, using a variety of content management systems such as WordPress and Webflow.
- Data analysis to find insights, affect strategy, and create new processes that can be efficiently implemented across many accounts.
- Driven, self-starter with the ability to find opportunities to improve services and carve a niche within the company.
- 2+ years of digital marketing or agency experience
- Hands-on experience with Webflow and Wordpress CMS
This role requires you to be a person who can quickly get to know our clients and create SEO content strategies that increase their online visibility as measured by keyword rankings, organic traffic, and ROI. You will be required to spearhead new projects, find growth opportunities, solve problems and push your opinions forward in a fast-paced environment.
You will take ownership of SEO content: from strategically formulating customized new topic ideas and optimizing that content before adding it to client websites, to updating existing pages of content for improved search engine performance.
Analysis: We measure everything we do by its ROI for our clients. You will need to become proficient in not only building new website content, but analyzing its performance and explaining the results in a straightforward and simple way.
Communication: Good communication is at the core for this role. Must have solid writing skills to optimize text written by the content team without compromising its message, create compelling user facing content such as meta descriptions and page titles, and provide verbal and written campaign updates to the team and our clients.
WHAT TO EXPECT
At Wonderist Agency, we guarantee you’ll have problems to solve. You’ll be dragged into projects in the 11th hour. And you’ll be expected to create and contribute to our ever-evolving processes. The work isn’t easy. It’s dental. And there’s plenty to go around.
We need a skilled SEO Specialist with the flexibility to turn on your heels when priorities change, the thoughtfulness to do what’s in the best interest of the team, and the desire to always produce your best work. We do what’s right for the client, not just what’s easy. And that’s what makes our jobs gratifying. Along with unlimited PTO and a dog-friendly office, these are some of the reasons Wonderist Agency has been voted one of San Diego's Best Places to Work.
We are a fast-growing startup of nearly 30, and that means we’re agile. We’re able to try new things and experiment. It also means we make time to celebrate the work, each other, when we hit our quarterly goals, or every Friday at 5pm. Our favorite dive bar, Desi’s, is just down the street and right across from Liberty Station, so we’ve got our location going for us.