JOIN OUR TEAM! VOTED BEST OF THE REGION SINCE 2009
We are looking for experienced lead AND assistant teachers for all ages (Infant to 5 yrs old) to join our Munster Center.
The Lead teacher is responsible for the care and education of a group of children as part of a teaching team, and functions as a team leader, of co-leader. The teacher plans and implements the curriculum, and with active participation of other members of the teaching team, works with parents and assesses the needs of individual children.
Purpose of the Position
The teacher/assistant teacher is responsible for providing children with a safe, loving, and educational environment which complies with the policies, ideals, and mission of Wonder Years Learning Center, DCFS, state and local authorities, and any accreditation entities associated with the school.
The teacher is responsible for planning and implementing a program that teaches children in accordance to the wishes of the families along with the guidelines of the state and Wonder Years Learning Center. The teacher will maintain communication and relationships with the children and families in their care. The teacher will also be responsible for maintaining the cleanliness and safety of the equipment and classrooms.
- Have experience in the teaching of children in a variety of applications.
- Maintain a warm and homelike atmosphere.
- Engage young children in learning activities.
- Prepare appropriate activities and lessons for the children in their care.
- Create a learning environment that encourages problem solving and builds self-esteem in the children.
- Observe children as they sleep maintaining a quiet environment for their rest.
- Maintain appropriate, professional, and productive dialogue with parents, teachers, and administration.
- Maintain daily written communications such as daily reports and duty logs.
- Take and use observations as assessment tools.
- Daily cleaning and prep work.
- Responsible for making sure all the closing responsibility are preformed on a daily basis.
- Use and maintain observations/evaluations
- A minimum of 15 ECE credits required, AA/AS in Early Childhood Education preferred for Assistant teachers.
- BA/BS in Early Childhood Education preferred for lead teachers.
- CPR/First Aide Certifications
- Maintain 30 hours per year of Professional Development.
Skills and Attributes
- Understanding of Developmentally Appropriate Practice for a variety of ages.
- Ability to plan lessons based on age and development
- Team player
- Self-motivation and ability o follow guidelines and directions
- Respectful to children, families, and co-workers
- Good communication skills (orally and written)
- Flexible, yet still have the ability to maintain and meet deadlines.
Must have thorough knowledge of and be able to implement a developmental curriculum. Must be at least 21 years of age, a high school graduate, and have an Associates or Bachelors degree in Early Childhood Education, or a CDA credential, and be professionally prepared as a teacher of young children. In addition, he/she must be able to meet the requirements of the city and state licensing agencies.
Compensation: Salary + Bonuses + Benefits and Based on candidate's experience and education
Job Type: Full-time & Part-Time positions available