Won-Door Corporation seeks an intermediate to expert-level SQL Developer to support sales and manufacturing resource software. Your initial focus will be development of extensive SQL based reports from our business systems. Support of current databases and the development of future projects will also be a large responsibility of this position.
- Writing SQL Queries and BYORs (Build Your Own Reports) to create reports for our sales, marketing, and executive teams using data derived from our CRM, ERP, and BI systems.
- Write queries used for front-end business applications.
- Debugging, testing, and optimization of current procedures and queries.
- Maintain central databases, ensuring high performance, stability, and security.
- Database design and development for new projects keeping scalability in mind.
- Support the implementation and integrations of third-party and in-house software.
Required Skills & Knowledge
- Prior experience in software design, development, and documentation.
- A solid understanding of SQL databases and the ability to write complex SQL Queries, Views, and Stored Procedures.
- Experience working with and interfacing to databases through ODBC.
- Experience with version control.
- Familiarity with Agile development methods.
- Personable and effective communicator able to engage in direct and continuous contact with co-workers, management, and outside vendors – including technical and non-technical project stakeholders.
- Strong organizational, time management, and analytical problem-solving skills required.
- Willingness to think out of the box and remain open to learning.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment while being self-motivated and driven are necessary.
Desired Skills & Knowledge
- Knowledge of the Unix based database Universe.
- Knowledge of CRM and ERP systems, notably Tour de Force and Avanté.
- Experience with SOAP or RESTful web services.
- Database backup and recovery methods.
- An aptitude for mathematics and finance.
- Knowledge of common software design patterns.
- Understanding of both front-end and back-end technologies.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information technology, Mathematics, or related discipline.
- Equivalent professional experience may fulfill educational requirement.
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.