Purpose of the Position:
The Residential Aide is responsible for providing security and safety for all clients and staff. Ensures that all residents are observing site rules.
· Maintain a secure and functional environment for residents, staff, visitors and volunteers.
· Welcome new families that arrive and conduct orientation and provide house rules.
· Handle crisis by deciding what actions are required and provide information appropriate staff of actions taken and of any follow-up required through log-book, written note or phone conversation.
· Answer the site phone professionally and transfer calls appropriately.
· Observe all residents and have the ability to recognize signs of substance abuse, child abuse and criminal activity and immediately advise the appropriate staff and work with the facility staff to
· Maintain excellent telephone skills and transfer calls appropriately.
· Acquire understanding of building features and potential problems.
· Maintain daily log book, school attendance, visitor and resident sign-in logs.
· Patrol transitional housing sites/apartments, maintain standing posts and conduct
vertical patrols as required.
· Visit multiple units as required and report any and all incidents to the appropriate security shift supervisor or other security or program manager.
· Attend program and agency staff meetings, house meetings, case conferences and training sessions as required.
· Work under pressure and during stressful situations.
· Use the computer to complete intakes and other reports on the CARES data base.
· Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
· Must be able to visually observe CCTV camera and report unusual activities.
· Must be able to ascend/descend stairs in a building up to 8 stories.
· Must be able to maintain a standing on post for at least 2 hours.
· Must be able lift and use a fire extinguisher.
· Commitment to Win’s mission.
· High School diploma or equivalent required.
· Valid Fire Guard Certification / F02 required at all times.
· Valid NYS Security Guard License required at all times.
· Must be able to communicate effectively (verbally and in writing).
· Must be able to interact effectively with the facility staff and client population.
· Must be able to work well under pressure and during stressful situations.
· Must be familiar with CCTV systems.
· Must be willing and able to remain at post beyond regularly scheduled hours for appropriate relief, if necessary.
· Must be able to work nights, weekends and holiday's as scheduled.