- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Title of Position: Maintenance Worker FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reports to: Maintenance Supervisor
Positions reporting to this position: None
Purpose of the Position:
The Maintenance Worker is responsible for maintaining the interior and exterior of the building, ensuring a safe, clean and pleasant environment for all staff, residents and visitors.
· Maintain a safe, clean and pleasant environment for all staff, residents and visitors.
· Provide daily cleaning of the facility and facility grounds, including snow and ice removal.
· Maintain the exterior of the building free from graffiti and other conditions that are unsightly.
· Repair damaged furniture, appliances and equipment as needed.
· Spackle, sand and paint walls and ceilings as required.
· Perform minor plumbing repairs.
· Perform routine unit maintenance inspections.
· Conduct routine inspections and perform seasonal cleaning and repairs of A/C and heating units.
· Inspect and repair smoke and carbon monoxide detectors.
· Repair and change door locks.
· Sheetrock walls.
· Perform minor electrical repairs.
· Monitor records about building maintenance and repairs.
· Perform other related duties as directed by a maintenance manager or transitional housing manage.
· Must be able to regularly lift up to 50 pounds.
· Must be able to ascend/descend up to 8 flights of stairs.
· Must be able to work with hazardous substances with proper protective equipment.
· Commitment to Win’s mission, vision, and values.
· High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
· Ability to interact effectively with the client population.
· Ability to effectively work in a team environment.
· Ability to effectively communicate and to accept supervision from Maintenance Director or designee.
· Valid driver’s license helpful.
· Bilingual – English/Spanish is a plus.
· Leadership: Sets an example by following Win policies and procedures. Acts with a high degree of professionalism and has good work ethics.
· Facilitating Change: Delivers high quality results consistently. Seeks to learn new skills and participates in professional development.
· Managing Performance: Works effectively with peers and interacts respectfully with clients and coworkers. Participates actively in team meetings. Demonstrates empathy.
· Applying and Developing Expertise: Demonstrates depth of knowledge and skill and applies technical knowledge to solve a range of problems.
· Communicating and Collaborating: Understands and embodies the values and mission of Win. Keeps the supervisor informed about progress and problems.
Win is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion , marital status, age, national origin, physical or mental disability,
gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Women In Need, Inc.
Real EstateView all jobs at Women In Need, Inc.