Housekeeping & Maintenance Supervisor
Women Against Abuse Philadelphia, PA
- Posted: over a month ago
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Provides Facilities Supervision and administrative duties for the 2 Emergency Safe Havens, Sojourner House and as needed Safe at Home. Including Supervising regular maintenance & housekeeping (& sanitation), preventative maintenance and groundskeeping; fleet management, inventory and other record keeping. Manages the daily operations and implementation of the maintenance and housekeeping plans for the Emergency Safe Havens and Sojourner House and all related paperwork. Supervises, evaluates the Maintenance and Housekeeping staff. Maintains the teams schedules to ensure adequate staffing; updates and approves the related time records in the payroll system. Supports the Facilities Director to ensure appropriate operations. Ensures that the facilities remain clean & safe, and are in compliance with all related laws, regulations and funder requirements. Assign facilities work orders and manages the records all work requests and assignments; ensures that productivity goals are assigned, and completed. Records and advises the Facilities Director in the completion of all preventative maintenance work in a timely manner, addressing safety and compliance issues. Assists the Facilities Director in the implementation of facilities and maintenance plans, including annual and long range facilities and property planning. Recommends work that must be undertaken by external contractors. Create bidding plans for work that must be undertaken by external contractors; schedules the Director to inspect and approve work. Manages the ordering & inventory of facilities equipment and supplies for all residential programs. Creates purchase orders for the Director to approve. Manages the agency vehicles, ensures all documentation, inspections, and the maintenance are up to date and the related organizational procedures are followed. Insures all documentation for required building, equipment, inspections and emergency drills are up to date. In coordination with the Security Supervisor ensures that all regular fire drills and evacuations are conducted within all residential programs. Assist in maintaining a welcoming, safe, and supportive community environment.
1. A High School or equivalent is required. Some advanced education preferred
2. A minimum of four (4) years’ experience in property maintenance in a residential or comparable setting is required
3. A minimum of two (2) years supervisory experience is required, preferably in a social services, residential, or health care setting
4. A valid driver’s license is required. Have a personal vehicle preferred.
5. Demonstrated written, oral and interpersonal skills are required.
6. Demonstrated proficient computer skills, use of Microsoft Office software, Outlook, Word, Excel
7. Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a diverse population is required.
8. Demonstrated ability to work effectively as a team member is required.
9. Demonstrated commitment to service of others is required.
10. Bilingualism is strongly preferred.
11. Will be required to attend 45 hours of Domestic Violence Training, post hire.
12. Satisfactory child abuse, criminal and FBI clearances, and TB Test required
Please attach a resume and cover letter
We are an equal opportunity employer and are dedicated to promoting diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We strongly encourage candidates of color, LGBTQ communities, veterans, and people with disabilities to apply.
Women Against Abuse
Real EstateView all jobs at Women Against Abuse