Retail Store Manager/Tearoom
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
In conjunction with the Woman’s Exchange President and Vice President establish daily operating standards for Retail Shop, the Tea Room, the Sewing room, Cashier, and the Bookkeeper. You will also function as a systems manager for the Light Speed retail system. NO WEEKENDS
Responsibilities and Duties
- Manage and direct all the paid employee and conduct annual reviews of all paid employees
- Recruit, hire, & train new employees that will drive excellence in customer service and financial results.
- As a systems manager oversee inventory item entry, vendor/consignor input, system accuracy & train others to use the retail system.
- Plan and manage the annual physical inventory count & resolve discrepancies
- Select items appropriate for the online store and post to the site.
- Oversee membership events and coordinate with the volunteer member, who manage events.
- Analyze daily, weekly and monthly financial results and take appropriate action based on insight gained from analysis to deliver P&L results.
- Propose best practice implementations/solutions for the employees, Sewing room, Tea Room, and the Shop.
Qualifications and Skills
To do this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge needed, skill/or ability required.
- Experience: Three years of successful retail management experience.
- Leadership skills: Proven ability to lead, direct, and develop high performing teams
- High level of energy, personal accountability and passion for excellence to drive financial results.
- Communication skills: Must have strong verbal and written communication skills. Able to communicate consistently and effectively with employees, volunteers, and acting President & Vice President and work effectively across all functions.
- Computer skills: Must have intermediate skills with Word, Excel and prior knowledge & use of a retail system.
- Minimum Education: High School diploma or equivalent.
- High level of ethics, values, integrity, and trust
- Deal with all issues that arise from staff or customers (complaints, grievances etc.)
- Experience: Five years of successful retail management experience.
- Minimum Education: Associate or Tech degree.
- Prior experience with Food & Beverage operations
Woman's Exchange of Memphis
88 Racine St. Memphis TNSouthaven, MS
Get fresh VP Store Operations jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.