Dev Ops Engineer
Wolverine Ann Arbor, MI
- Posted: over a month ago
Most of all, we are creators. From designing ground-breaking products to finding unique ways to solve technical challenges at an exceptional scale, our tech teams work with state of the art methodologies to shape the future of advertising.
The Site Reliability teams keep one of the largest computing platforms in the AdTech world functioning like clockwork. They are processing, storing and monitoring through large scale data compute & storage services (Hadoop, SQL & NoSQL), streaming (Kafka), platform as a service (Chef, Mesos), identity management (Kerberos) and analytics (Hive, Druid, Vertica).
How You'll Make An Impact
- Architect, design, and build projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Work closely with the program managers to ensure best architectures and products.
- Contribute to promoting a strong engineering culture, passion for quality and things well done.
Who You Are
- Experienced with Java, Scala, C# or Python
- Have experience with taking initiative/ownership and acting as a technical lead.
- Significant experience working on heterogeneous production platforms (Windows, Linux, Hadoop)
- Developer background, able to quickly adapt to several scripting and development languages
- Have worked in Agile environments, are passionate for shipping quality code and for automated testing.
- Great oral and written communication and presentation skills in English (French is a plus).
- Ability to work with international teams
- Experienced with cloud providers such as Azure and AWS
- Experienced with cloud deployment tools such as CloudFormation and Terraform
- Experienced with large scale deployments in Cloud or Hybrid environments
- Experienced with automation frameworks like Puppet, Chef or Ansible
- Experienced with monitoring tools like Prometheus
- Good communication skills to provide guidance to the rest of the R&D on best practices
- Proficiency with incident management
- Experience with balancing a hands-on engineering role while managing teams is a plus.
In this role, You will develop tools and services to ease the work of developers and SRE interfaces with cloud providers. You will also act as a consultant within the the R&D organization to provide information and guidance to the possibilities available when developing new and existing solutions. You will have to design and build systems to automate away problems and investigate and fix service issues.
AddressAnn Arbor, MI
TechnologyView all jobs at Wolverine