Fire Suppression / Fire Alarm Inspector / Fire Protection Specialist
Wolverine Fire Protection Co. Flint, MI
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
. The primary responsibility of this person is to perform NFPA inspections of water-based fire systems, extinguishers and Fire Alarm/Special Hazzard Systems.
Typical responsibilities will include:
· Schedule/perform inspections of various systems; describe necessary repairs to Owners/Clients, Superintendents, internal project managers/estimators.
· Creating and submitting inspection reports to appropriate staff
· Perform troubleshooting of various systems.
Required Qualifications and/or Experience:
· High school diploma or GED; additional vocational or industry trade school preferred (but not necessarily required)
· Working knowledge of Fire Protection Systems: Wet, Dry, Foam, Deluge, Pre-Action, Standpipe, Fire Hydrants, Fire Alarm, Special Hazard Systems and Fire Pumps.
· Thorough knowledge of Uniform Fire Code, Uniform Building Code, State Administrative Code, and National Fire Code, as well as departmental rules, regulations, and NFPA.
· 3 Years of minimum field experience as an inspector
· NICET Certification or State of Michigan FAST License Preferred
· Ability to work on ladders, scaffolding and scissor or articulating lifts.
· Valid driver’s license.
· Prior experience with power tools
· Computer skills: Microsoft Office (outlook, word, excel)
· Good written and oral communication skills.
· Good organizational and time management skills.
Wolverine Fire Protection Co.Why Work Here?
Competitive wages and benefits.
GovernmentView all jobs at Wolverine Fire Protection Co.