Title: Senior Database Administrator
Wolters Kluwer Global Business Services is designed to provide services to the business units in the areas of technology, sourcing, procurement, legal, finance, and accounting which includes our North American-Accounting Center. These global centers promote team collaboration using best practices around a specific focus area to drive results and enhance operational efficiencies. There is a constant endeavor to benchmark against best-in-class industry standards to improve the quality of deliverables, increase cost savings, enhance productivity and reduce time to market for products and applications.
The Senior Database Administrator performs as a lead member of the Infrastructure Database Support Team. Collaborates with the enterprise architects on complex database projects. Acts as a resource for direction, training and guidance for less experienced staff. Also interfaces regularly with internal and external business units therefore requiring strong communication and facilitation skills.
Essential Duties and responsibilities:
- Provide technical recommendations and serve as the primary database resource expert to the department for existing and future applications
- Recommend solutions by defining database physical structure and functional capabilities from initial design concept to final production deployment
- Understand and promote best practices and standards for database development; oversee governance to assure product stability and performance
- Identify database requirements by interviewing customers; analyze, design, and code database utilities for existing and future systems
- Ensures high-level integration of application development with industry standards
- Identifies, evaluates, conducts, schedules and leads technical analysis functions to ensure all applicable database analysis requirements are met.
- Provide technical consultation to the development teams on more complex database projects to ensure proper data modeling and design paradigms are applied in the creation and maintenance of all application databases.
- Manage and maintain all database objects; responsible for deploying product releases through QC, Staging and Production environments.
- Collaborate with project teams as needed to develop, review and tune all complex SQL components.
- Ongoing review of overall physical database structures for data integrity, performance quality, recoverability, maintenance and space requirements.
- Strong leadership and participation in key initiatives.
- Develop and maintain Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for data security, integrity and availability; monitor activities being performed by the external business unit to ensure that the organization's internal SOP objectives are being met.
- Adhere to SOC audit requirements for our hosted applications.
- Review new database installation requests for completeness and accuracy; facilitate any discussions between the internal and external business units during the installation process. Migrate data, as needed, to the new environments.
- Work with application development teams to install and test database patches and upgrades. Upon successful testing, DBA will facilitate upgrade request & scheduling with internal/external teams.
- Create and maintain documentation of all enterprise database environments.
- Participate in on-call rotation providing 24x7 support of all critical internal and customer facing applications.
- 5 plus SQL-Server 2008 or higher experience in database administration with database design and development, including:
- 5-10 years SQL Server 2008 or higher DBA.
- Data modeling and database design and development.
- SQL tuning, database performance and capacity planning.
- SQL Server Always on Clustering
- Database performance Tuning/Monitoring
- Scripting SQL, TSQL statements and stored procedures and PL/SQL.
- Using MS SQL features and products on Standby Server, Log Shipping and Replication.
- SQL Server Backup and Recovery
- Implementing new technology and work processes as well as contributing to support functions.
- Conducting functional and technical requirements gathering and model design sessions with technical and business users.
- Developing and maintaining logical and physical data models.
- Communicating with technical and non-technical team members at all levels of the organization.
- Technical lead for major projects within DBA team.
- Liaising with development team.
- Working independently with little direction and also function as part of a team.
- Managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Writing reports and correspondence.
- Database architectures, OLTP application design, RDBMS database operations
- Usage of modeling tools
- Entity Relationship logical data model concepts
- Physical data model concepts
- Project management
- Travel, including overnight stays, is required based on business needs.
Wolters Kluwer U. S. Corporation and all of its subsidiaries, divisions and customer/business units is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.