Title: Lead Technology Project & Program Manager
Wolters Kluwer Global Business Services is designed to provide services to the business units in the areas of technology, sourcing, procurement, legal, finance, and accounting which includes our North American-Accounting Center. These global centers promote team collaboration using best practices around a specific focus area to drive results and enhance operational efficiencies. There is a constant endeavor to benchmark against best-in-class industry standards to improve the quality of deliverable's, increase cost savings, enhance productivity and reduce time to market for products and applications.
We have a Project Management Leadership position opportunity available within our newly established Project Management Office in the Global Business Services Division. This division is going through substantial growth, with corporate initiatives to hire and retain top talent driving excellence and technological growth for the company.
We are looking for a leader whom will be responsible for delivering and managing various initiatives across divisions within IT. He or She will have to work closely with Program/ Project Management, Architecture & Engineering, Security, Applications and Client executives across various Business units.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead cross-functional teams to successfully deliver initiatives supporting various Business units
- Work across the GBS organizations including teams responsible for infrastructure, solution architecture, design and development, quality assurance and production support
- Adopt entrepreneurial mindset to lead and manage project teams and continuous improvement planning deliverable's
- Design, Develop and Maintain a detailed work breakdown of tasks to be accomplished for the initiative and ensured that tasks are getting accomplished on time and within budget
- Create an effective communication plan covering various stakeholders across GBS and Business units
- Ensure that solutions are being delivered are per standards of availability, scalability and security point of view and that are done on time with highest quality
- Ensure that all delivery artifacts are reviewed and are according to the standards and guidelines
- Experience working with hardware, software and services vendors
- Provide strong and deep technical insights in various disciplines across delivery
- Maintain comprehensive knowledge of industry standards, methodologies, processes and best practices
- Establish and maintain competence in current and planned versions of products
- Understand the use of industry tools / technology & their impact on project & operational goals
- Assist in process improvement initiatives by working across technical teams to enhance the systems, processes and controls to ensure effective development, monitoring, and support is in place
- Represent Wolters Kluwer within the industry by developing and maintaining comprehensive knowledge of Wolters Kluwer products, industry trends and general business and financial acumen through various sources and initiative.
- Communicate Wolters Kluwer competitive advantage to customers in a compelling articulate manner in speech, writing and formal presentation.
- Education: Required: Bachelor's Degree in computer science or related experience.
- Preferred: Master's Degree in Computer Science or MBA or related experience
- Experience: Minimum 10+ years' experience in managing complex IT projects
- Proven experience working with Enterprise Architecture, Project and Program Management, Systems Requirements, Systems Design and Delivery, Quality Assurance, Production Support and Finance teams
- Adept in stakeholder management and executive communication (both verbal and written) as well as presentation skills
- Experience in strategic project(s) planning process with focus on alignment between business and IT
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced team environment with geographically dispersed associates and vendors
- Demonstrated excellence in technical project management methodology and procedures with seasoned negotiation skills
- Demonstrate effective decision making by leveraging analytical and problem-solving skills
- Previous experience in implementing project management best practices, tools, metrics and standardization of processes
- Demonstrate the entrepreneurial mindset by playing an active role in delivering projects and continuous improvement opportunities
- Demonstrated experience in mentoring, coaching associates in various aspects including technology
- Demonstrated experience in coordinating with deliverable's across various groups to accomplish system deliverable's and goals.
- Ability to conduct an analysis of business needs, including scheduling meetings, planning agendas, conferring with business line leaders, documenting and making verbal and written presentations
- Demonstrated budget management, risk management, tracking and forecasting skills and experience
- Demonstrated on-time and on-budget system delivery skills and experience
- Strong knowledge of organization policies and procedures
- Travel required for this position: up to 25%
Wolters Kluwer U. S. Corporation and all of its subsidiaries, divisions and customer/business units is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.