ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE SPECIALIST
- Expired: February 10, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
Looking for a fast-paced position with growth opportunity? Wolter, Inc., one of southeastern Wisconsin's fastest growing privately owned companies and a BizTimes 2022 Future 50 Winner, is looking for an Accounts Receivable Specialist to join our growing team! This position is based out of our Brookfield, WI facility and will be responsible for supporting our accounting department. Join a company dedicated to leveraging the unique experiences of each of our employees to reimagine the next 60 years of Wolter!
Benefits of working for Wolter, Inc.:
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
- 401k plan with employer match
- Life and disability insurance
- Critical illness and accident insurance
- Flexible medical savings plan
- Pet insurance
- Annual review program
- Paid vacation, holidays and more!
An Accounts Receivable Specialist will be responsible for assisting the credit department in maintaining accounts receivable records, including preparing entries, posting, editing, checking, and tracking payments.
- Accurately post customer payments received in all formats: wire, ACH, checks and petty cash
- Manage daily receivables reports to ensure timely completion
- Research and reconcile payment discrepancies
- Provide timely response to both internal and external customers
- Post journal entries & A/R adjustments
- Review, maintain and document customer "Remit" email correspondence
- Research and accurately set up new customers in database
- Review customer credit using D&B and references to assign appropriate credit limits
- Monthly GL account reconciliations
- Complete various A/R reports for management
- Complete month-end closing responsibilities.
- implement systems and controls to ensure compliance with our credit and accounting practices.
- Perform other duties or projects as assigned by Credit Manager or CFO.
Essential skills and experience:
- Associates Degree in Accounting or equivalent experience (2+ years).
- Strong attention to detail and organization skills
- Strong analytical/problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Commitment to company vision and mission.
We are an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and will give all qualified applicants consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All job offers are contingent upon satisfactory drug screen and driving record results.
Learn more about us at wolterinc.com!
Finance and Insurance
Get fresh Account Receivable Specialist jobs daily straight to your inbox!