- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: medical, vision, 401k, dental, life insurance,
Wolter Inc., a material handling industry leader is looking for an Account Manager. Based out of our St. Louis, MO branch, this position is responsible for performing field promotional work to sell and develop new business and maintain existing business in an assigned territory.
- Call and/or visit businesses on assigned account listing on routine basis, and include cold calls as often as possible.
- Develop solid working relationships with customers, fellow company employees, and vendors who may support your customers.
- Promote all products and services assigned to you and initiate proposals, negotiate, and close business. Work closely with inside support staff.
- Arrange for equipment demonstrations as needed; be with customer when equipment arrives.
- Be aware of what business needs boosting and be able to shift gears – if rentals are slow, promote rentals; if shop is slow, look for service work for our shop; etc.
- Maintain current customer information in company’s computer database; record all sales calls and mileage information.
- Stay informed and trained on various services and products and new equipment provided by manufacturers we represent; attend schools when available.
- Submit monthly forecasts and lost order reports to field sales manager.
- Entertain customers as appropriate and be available outside of normal business hours.
- Attend trade shows as required.
- Assist when requested in resolving any customer problems or complaints.
- Actively seek leads for products or services that are handled by other sales reps or divisions and forward same to them.
- Work with/mentor entry level sales people as assigned.
Requires an Associate’s Degree in Sales and Marketing or equivalent experience of at least four years in the same or similar industrial environment, demonstrated ability to develop solid business relationships and sell at a profitable level and meet goals, ability to organize and manage multiple priorities and to think ahead and plan over a one-year time span. Must have excellent interpersonal, presentation, and communication skills, strong computer proficiency, and a valid driver’s license with good driving record.
We offer a complete benefits package including:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance,
- 401(k) plan,
- Life insurance,
- Short term and long term disability insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Paid holidays and more!
We are an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and will give all qualified applicants consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law. All job offers are contingent upon satisfactory driving record and drug screen results.
As of January 1st, 2022, brands formerly under the Wolter Group of Companies, including Wisconsin Lift Truck, Illinois Material Handling, Kensar Equipment Company, Bohnert Equipment Company, A D Lift Truck, Ellis Systems, Wolter Power Systems and Power Products Plus, Advantage Materials Handling were rebranded to Wolter.
AddressSaint Louis, MO
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?