Benefits Administration Specialist
Enterprise Industry experience ideal
Looking for someone with Self Funded Plans experience
(Oakland, CA - we sit on top of a BART station)
- Assist with retirement plan administration
- Reconcile and prepare payment for vendor invoices.
- Obtain appropriate management level approval.
- Track and log payments.
- Coordinate, facilitate and follow up billing issues with vendors
* A minimum of two (2) years of prior benefits administration work experience
- A high school diploma or GED; AA/BA/BS degree preferable Strong organizational/time management and project management skills and multi-tasking abilities.
- Detail orientation and problem-solving capabilities.
- Ability to work with little supervision and use sound judgment to determine whether an issue can be resolved independently or needs to be escalated.
- Customer service focus Solid communications skills with all levels within the company.
- Experience using an HR database system.
- Knowledge of health care industry issues.
- Knowledge of plan provisions, disability, safety and leave plans.
- Must be able to understand fairly complex written and oral instructions.
- Proficient in PC environment and experience using Microsoft Office; advanced skills in Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
Some 401(k) and health and welfare administration experience is preferred