A well-respected accounting and finance firm is looking for a Senior Auditor for their San Francisco office. The Senior Auditor will be responsible for supporting Audit Managers and supervising staff who service private, public, and non-profit clients in the San Francisco Bay Area. This person will have strong GAAP and GAAS skills, the ability to research and plan engagements with a strong focus on supervising and training staff.
- Lead client audit engagements, including planning executing, directing, and completing financial audits.
- Supervise staff auditors who work on audit engagements.
- Work with key clients to gather information, resolve problems, and make recommendations for business and process improvements.
- Train associates and interns on audit process.
- Work under the supervision of an audit senior manager, who will provide guidance and direction.
- Work with the audit team to identify and resolve client issues discovered during the audit process.
- BA in Accounting, Business Administration or equivalent with the required educational hours needed to sit for the state CPA exam is required.
- CPA and some tax knowledge a plus.
- External auditing experience.
- 3+ years of experience in public accounting, with supervisory experience preferred.
- Excellent project management, analytical, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Strong leadership and training skills.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic team environment.
- Ability to work independently.
- Professionalism, dependability, and trustworthiness combined with a cooperative attitude.
- Dedication to superior client service.
- Strong organizational skill and attention to detail.
- Some travel required.
Wollborg Michelson is an Equal Opportunity Employer