W2 Only - No Sponsorship or Corp to Corp available for this role
Duration: 6 Month Contract
Work must be done onsite in either Austin, Texas for Seattle, Washington
Frontend UI Focus - Software Engineer Contract
We love gaming!
And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe 24/7 with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games and delivering a flawless player experience is hard work. That’s why we employ the most creative, resourceful and passionate people in the industry.
The Challenge Ahead:
The world of infrastructure and operations is changing at a rapid pace, e.g. cloud computing, hybrid cloud, software define networks (SDN), virtualization services, etc. and we are moving to meet and leverage these new changes to our full advantage. Our environment is highly distributed and dynamic. It services millions of players every day, worldwide.
A Contract Software Engineer for our Technical Operations team will need the agility to operate in this ever-changing ecosystem. This position will be responsible for driving and implementing long term design and technology choices that will be the cornerstone of tools and services that will make up the future of operations and automation processes. These tools and services will underpin modern video game services such as matchmaking, marketplace, and social features to anti-cheat detection, leaderboards, and server-side physics calculations.
The role is a part of a high performing team in a fast-paced organization, requiring partner and business focus. As well as demonstrated skills tied to leadership, people, communication, analytics and adaptability.
This is a contract position with a possible duration of up to 12 months.
The next great Software Engineer also needs:
● Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field, or 5+ year relevant work experience.
● Experience with UI / UX design and development (Responsive and Mobile design).
● Experience working with Agile methodologies.
● Experience with authentication and authorization methods.
● Experience with RESTful Services and APIs.
● Solid understanding of frontend build tools such as Webpack, Rollup, Grunt, Gulp, Browserify, and npm scripts.
● Experience with public cloud systems - Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud, Azure.
● Proficiency with CSS processors such as PostCSS, Sass, or Less
● Experience with server-side development using nodeJS, Golang, Ruby or Python
● Experience using Git and related tools like GitLab, GitHub, Bitbucket etc
● Experience with frontend performance topics / rendering internals
● Experience working in an agile/scrum project environment
● Experience working with a geographically dispersed team
● Experience delivering system-level technical design and documentation
Nice to have:
● Experience with GraphQL
● Experience working in frameworks such as Serverless, Play, Symfony, Rails, Express or Django.
● Experience integrating ticketing and alerting systems (Service Now, Jira, PagerDuty, etc.)