The Communications & Marketing Director is responsible for developing and implementing communications/ marketing strategies that promote the organization in a meaningful way and engage the community. This position will supervise a 4-person team and be part of the senior leadership team. This individual will also be the point of contact for external vendors and technical teams.
The Communications & Marketing Director will report to the Chief Executive Officer. The position is with a nonprofit located in Novato. The organization is devoted to improving the healthy and quality of life for certain individuals through research, support, and education. This is a full time position with a competitive salary and benefits package.
· Develop and lead the implementation of an annual communications and marketing plan,
· tracking target metrics, and assessing the effectiveness of the strategies, adjusting as needed.
· Provide project management for all marketing and communications activities, including; e-newsletters, social media, print collateral, and more.
· Generate online strategies and content that engage the community to reach awareness and revenue goals.
· Supervise Marketing & Events Manager, Content & Editorial Sr. Manager, and Web
· Support fundraising objectives and initiatives by working collaboratively with the Development Director to leverage the organization’s communication channels.
· Coordinate and implement corporate partnership deliverables by working collaboratively with
· the Vice President for Strategic Partnerships.
· Track, measure, and analyze the level of engagement within the network regularly, and
· provide strategic direction to reach set goals.
· Expand and manage all media contacts, media outreach and public relations initiatives.
· 6+ years of communications/ marketing experience within the nonprofit sector/higher education/ or philanthropy.
· 2+ years of supervisory experience.
· Familiar with Salesforce, Pardot, WordPress or Drupal, Jira, and Basecamp preferred.
· Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
· Ability to function at a high level and balance competing priorities in a fast-paced
· Experience with website content, newsletters, SEO strategies, marketing analytics and donor communications.
· Excellent writing. Editing, and oral communication skills.
Wollborg Michelson is an Equal Opportunity Employer.