Wolfram, creator of Mathematica, Wolfram|Alpha and the Wolfram Language, has an exciting opportunity for a Systems Administrator. The company is looking for an energetic, motivated individual with strong interpersonal and communications skills to work on a wide variety of issues while maintaining server infrastructure. The ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced environment and takes pride in their work and achievements.
- Managing day-to-day tasks including documentation of projects
- Maintaining, patching, troubleshooting and administrating production Linux/Mac/Windows-based servers running a variety of different software applications
- Implementing new technologies to help streamline internal operations
- Designing new tools/utilities to automate processes
- Advanced knowledge of Linux/Unix operating systems
- Strong knowledge of various scripting languages
- Strong understanding of networking concepts, technologies and principles
- Strong understanding of virtual machine environments and hypervisors
- Working knowledge of services that provide directory management, DNS, database management and configuration management
- Excellent problem-solving, critical-thinking and documentation skills
- Ability to work well in stressful and fast-paced projects
- Ability to work well both independently and in a team environment
- 3-5 years of experience
- Demonstrable ability to build production-focused services
Wolfram is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at its company. Women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, individuals with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.