Food Service Operations Director / Kitchen Manager / Head Chef
- Posted: 11 hours ago
About this Job
Wolfoods operates summer camp kitchens across the country between May - September.
We are looking for and experienced, motivated and capable FOOD SERVICE OPERATIONS DIRECTOR / KITCHEN MANAGER / HEAD CHEF (Lead staff).
This is a hands on & demanding position.
All lead staff will live on site at the job location - Room, Board, & Travel Expense Assistance are provided.
The position requires the ability to facilitate the duties and responsibilities of creating, implementing and maintaining the Service & Culinary needs for the Camp Food Service Program, providing the camp with clean, comfortable surroundings, ensuring correct timing, quantity and that the quality is accurately provided for all meal periods and special requests.
This position requires an outgoing personality, a sense of urgency and willingness to engage with both front and back of the house staff, camp directors, managers, leaders, specialists and diners. Able to answer all food and service related questions in accordance the Wolfoods standards of service guidelines.
The lead staff will manage all aspects of the food service operation to deliver high levels of camp diner satisfaction, compliance with camp standards, controlling the budget and training staff on service standards. The position will be the primary contact liaison between the camp and the kitchen and will therefore attend all relevant meetings and events, manage payroll, control the flow of special requests, and avail themselves to any concern as expressed by camp leadership. This job requires initiative, leadership, hand-on self reliance, and judgment.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Perform all duties toward the goal of providing excellent guest service in an efficient manner;
- Develop effective schedules for the Dining Hall staff based on levels of business and budgetary guidelines;
- Responsible for the scheduling and coordination of all side work for the dining hall personnel;
- Maintain cleanliness and organization in the Dining Hall according to established standards of sanitation;
- Maintain appearance and uniform standards;
- Have presence on the floor during meal periods to observe, monitor and follow up on all areas of the Dining hall operation on a daily basis;
- Work with the chef on duty in maintaining high standards of food presentation and sanitation;
- Train and develop all FOH dining personnel;
- Provide on-going feedback to all service personnel concerning all aspects of the Dining Hall operation;
- Communicate with the Head Chef and Camp Directors on a daily basis concerning all aspects of the Dining Hall operation;
- Interact with diners on an ongoing basis for general feedback;
- Ensure the dining hall is open 15 minutes prior to service and is ready to go;
- Implement a check list system throughout opening, during and closing down of the dining hall;
- Follow Wolfoods initiatives for environmental practices to minimize wasted energy and resources;
- Knowledgeable of all menus and specifications;
- Maintain constant follow up with dining hall standards for departmental standards of service;
- Follow company standards for safety practices to minimize risk to self and others;
- Responsible for reporting on a daily basis;
- Ability to effectively communicate with subordinates, co-workers and supervisors;
- Ability to motivate and foster a positive work environment;
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time, approx 10 hours;
- Must be able to walk for long periods of time;
- Must be able to lift and a carry a minimum of 50 pounds;
- Must be able to bend, stretch and reach for extended periods of time;
- Attend related in-service training, and staff meetings as required;
- In depth understanding of Food Safety as it pertains to Special Diet Food Preparations & Cooking for individuals with allergies;
- Interactions with Campers, Staff, & Parents;
- Inventory Controls;
- Project Management;
- Upholding Standards of Cleanliness, Service, & Quality;
- Managing Staff;
- Client Relations;
- Precisely follow the Wolfoods comprehensive Camp Food Training Program;
- Attend related in-service training and staff meetings as required;
- Uses weights and measures to properly execute ingredients in recipes;
- Prepares all menu items and special request events following standardized recipes;
- Ensures that production is accurate in timing, quantity, quality and plate up requirements;
- Supervises personnel; duties include planning, organizing, scheduling and directing work, training personnel;
- Understands the importance in cross utilization;
- Understands the importance of utilizing excess production;
- Estimates production needs, requisitions adequate supplies, inventory supplies and keeps records of products made and used;
- Places accurate food orders ahead of time;
- Ensures kitchen and equipment are maintained according to proper health and sanitation requirements;
- Teaches and enforces safety regulations;
- Specialized Food Preparation for events;
- Assists in developing and tasting recipes;
- Assists in planning menu;
- Recommends equipment purchases;
- May act as a Front of House supervisor during periods other than normal serving hours;
- 4+ years Commercial Kitchen Experience;
- Proficient in relevant skills relating to specific role;
- Quality Driven;
- Personable, Friendly, & Approachable;
- Positive & Professional;
- Pride & Passion;
- Ability to Self-Motivate;
- Maintain a clean work environment;
- Uphold Health Department Standards;
- Able to both lead a team & take direction;
- 6 day work week, 10 12 hrs/day;
- Living Accommodations may be private cabins in rural setting;
Ideal candidates are:
- Looking for seasonal, summer opportunities;
- Enjoy the challenge of a high volume production kitchen and dining facility;
- Embrace a teaching and learning culture;
- Get excited about being a part of a team and community;
- Are available to relocate for the summer season in a rustic living environment;
Employment Package Includes:
- Competitive Pay
- Bonus System
- Transportation Expense Assistance
- Seasonal Summer Contracts
Minimum three professional references required with application submission
About Wolfoods, Inc.
WOLFoods breaks away from the standard approach towards "camp food" by eliminating the standard Freezer To Table fare and improving it with Home Style Scratch Cooking. Partnering with Camps committed to offering campers healthy, fresh, and delicious foods, WOLFoods is changing the perception of camp food into something more of suitably called Camp Cuisine. Summer Camp Kitchens and Dining Halls are a great opportunity to educate campers on the importance of Balanced Diets and Green Initiatives. A diverse menu offering allows campers to not only enjoy their favorites, but to experience culture through exploring cuisine. Each meal offers something freshly baked on site by one of our professional bakers in the camp Bakery. Campers can enjoy perfectly executed entrees or they may enjoy an offering from the Morning Fruit and Yogurt Bar at breakfast and during lunch and dinner, the Salad Bars. No camper is left without personalized care. Any camper requiring Special Diets is attended to with the importance by one of our trained chefs. Wolfoods is practiced and prepared to cook for an array of diets ranging from Kosher to Nut Free, or Gluten Free to Vegan.
The above information is general in nature and level of work expected; it is not intended to be interpreted as an inclusive list of all duties, responsibilities and qualification required of employees assigned to this role. Wolfoods Food Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer and shall treat all applicants for employment equally based upon job-related qualifications and without regards to race, color, age, sexual orientation, marital status, military or veteran status, national origin, disability, religion, or any other characteristic protected by law.
FoodView all jobs at Wolfoods
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?