About Your Opportunity:
As a Superintendent at Wohlsen Construction, you will manage all field staff, subcontractors and vendors. You will oversee all activities to successfully complete a single project of varying complexity. You will work as a part of a Project Team to produce a quality project on time and within a project budget.
How You Will Contribute:
· You will provide guidance, leadership for other superintendents, assistant superintendents, project engineers and other subordinate site staff.
· Manage the planning, scheduling and coordination of all work to be done on a given project.
· Review contract documents and provide guidance on constructability issues.
· Manage contractors to complete punch lists for incomplete or deficient work and have all deficient work corrected before the final inspection by the project architect or other consultants.
· You will conduct weekly coordination meetings with the foreman for the various trades to discuss the progress of the work, the project schedule, safety and upcoming activities. Document discussions through Pull Planning or development and management of a weekly Look Ahead Schedule.
· You will conduct regular quality control inspections and make sure that all work is done following industry and Wohlsen standards.
· Prepare and submit daily reports using software that shows all work performed onsite. This report shall include information related to construction delays, milestones achieved and the weather.
As a Superintendent, your responsibilities within the Project Team:
· Lead the team in evaluating site conditions, site logistics and procedures to ensure work is being performed productively and within Wohlsen Construction’s quality and safety standards.
· Assist with the evaluation of cost and schedule impacts of project revisions and ensure that proper documentation is completed to memorialize scope changes with our clients and subcontractors.
· Assist the team in performing and maintaining all required safety inspections, equipment and documentation.
· Work with the project teams to schedule the delivery of equipment and materials needed for the project.
· Assist with the verification of additional work performed by our subcontractors.
· Work with the project team to prepare final as-built drawings showing project revisions, sketches, and notes.
· Assist with other activities as determined by the Project Executive.
· Ability to read and understand contract drawings and specifications
· Have a valid driver license with the ability to travel
· Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship.
· Ability to work additional hours to meet business plan goals.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Technology, Engineering or other related discipline or equivalent field experience.
· A minimum of 10 years of field construction experience in a supervisory capacity on projects ranging from $10 to $50 million
In a normal day, this position requires 4-6 hours of standing, sitting, and walking. In a normal day, the employee must be able to drive 1-4 hours. Employee must be able to lift/carry up to 50 lbs. maximum; frequently lift/carry up to 25 lbs. In this position the employee must be able to use his/her upper extremities for repetitive simple grasping, pushing/pulling, and fine manipulation. In this position, the employee frequently (34-66%) bend at the waist, squat at the knees, climb (including ladders), and reach above shoulders. In this position, employee occasionally (0-33%) must be able to kneel, crawl, use feet (foot controls), and/or work at heights above 6 feet.
Safety Sensitive Safety-Sensitive positions are any jobs that include tasks or duties that the employer reasonably believes could affect the safety and health of the employee performing the task or others. This job is a Safety-Sensitive position.