Wohlsen Construction, a top 400 ENR firm with over 128 years in the construction business has an immediate need for Laborers, Carpenter Helpers, Carpenters and Master Carpenters. If you are interested in joining a premier growing commercial construction firm with a stellar reputation in its industry then this is the opportunity you've been looking for. Our growth has been tremendous as we continue to expand throughout the Mid Atlantic region.
Working on projects out of our Delaware office, the Carpenters work on a wide variety of projects and locations through Delaware Valley, Greater Philadelphia and Baltimore regions. Candidate must possess a strong work ethic, relentless pursuit of excellence, ability to work independently, and a commitment to delivering an exceptional work product.
If you don't have a resume, you can email your contact information to Heidi Brady at firstname.lastname@example.org
Wohlsen Construction provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Primary responsibility for building wooden structures such as blocking according to sketches, blueprints or oral instructions. Studies of specifications to determine dimension of safety barriers, trim/millwork, toilet accessories and door/hardware installation.
Essential Job Functions:
- Set hollow metal frames/pre-hung door units
- Hangs doors & installs door hardware
- Erects, assembles and installs framing
- Installs interior and exterior trim, cabinetry and wood blocking
- Measures boards, timber or plywood using square or measuring tape, marks cutting lines on material using pencils, cuts material to required sizes.
- Performs other construction activities necessary to complete project.
- Perform demolition work if necessary
- Installs Div. 10 (Bathroom Acc.)
- Some wood framing & metal stud, install windows, install flashing, and insulation.
- Interacts with other field employees and subcontractors
- Ability to read blue prints
- Minimum of five years of Carpentry construction experience
- Valid driver’s licenses & transportation
- Employee is expected to supply his/her own carpentry tools, a list of which is provided by Wohlsen Construction Company Toolbelt, Hammer, Tape measure, Utility Knife, Pencil, Combination or Speed Square
- Able to move materials to do demo work
Works both indoor and outdoor construction with exposure to various weather conditions and temperatures. Overtime may be required, and some work may involve elevated heights, several stories above ground or work below ground. Out-of-Town work may also be required.