Bookkeeper for a World-class Event Production Company
- Expired: December 24, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
WHY YOU WILL WANT TO WORK HERE:This is an opportunity for the right candidate to leave an indelible impression on the shape of an organization for years to come. Our industry, like many, had to contract as a result of the economic influences caused by the pandemic. Now we endeavor to build back our company and surround ourselves with excellent people as we plan to more than double in size over the coming 12-18 months.We have designed & built our culture around a set of core values. We look for candidates who embody those values and will help bring them to life through their work. As part of the interview process, we share those values with candidates and actively search for people who will thrive in our environment.
WHO WE ARE:We are a national event production company whose unique and award-winning special event visioning, design, and implementation abilities are sought after by the Fortune 500, Non-Profits, Marketing, Advertising and PR Agencies, political campaigns, and venues.
OUR PURPOSE:We exist to create events and experiences that leave an indelible impression on your audience.
OUR MISSION:Partnering with you to consistently deliver creative and technical excellence. Reputations are always on the line.
OUR VISION:To make your experience extraordinary in every sense.
OUR BRAND PROMISE:Since 2002, exceeding expectations to ensure you hire us again!
WORKING TOGETHER Teamwork across all departments maximizes our collective impact to inspire, challenge, and support each other to be our best and sustain our effort.
INNOVATION Solve unique problems with unique solutions.
ZEAL Anticipate peoples expectations and strive to consistently over-deliver on our promises.
AMBITION Passion for what you do makes us a great place to work.
RESPECT Open communication kindly delivered.
DEPENDABLE Be accountable for your actions.
BOOKKEEPER: JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
CHIEF OBJECTIVES OF THIS POSITION
The Bookkeeper is responsiblefor consistently and accurately recording and maintaining our businesss financial transactions, including purchases, expenses, sales revenue, invoices, and payments. A thorough knowledge of QuickBooks is essential for this role.
Reports to:Director of information Systems.
Reporting Responsibility:Operations, Production, Sales, and Creative Services.
Your General Responsibilities:
- Process payment of purchases of the firm prepared by the Purchasing Manager.
- Entering purchases and matching them to purchase orders
- Entering expenses and matching them to expense categories
- Record revenues from sales Invoices generated by the Sales and Production groups.
- Monitor daily receipts and applying them to the relevant client receivables.
- Record daily bank account activity while reconciling each account.
- Produce daily management reports monitoring Cash, Receivable and Payable balances.
- Produce internal management reports to analyze operating results of the firm.
- Produce reports in preparation of financial statements, tax returns, and bank compliance reports.
- Entering revenue and matching it to income accounts
- Entering invoices and payments and matching them to job codes.
Your Qualifications and Experience:
- A basic knowledge of accounting
- Understanding of accounting best practices
- Your skills at data entry are highly accurate
- You have a track record of continual learning and improvement throughout your career
- A genuine team player with a strong desire to help others
- Proven dedication to follow-through and delivering results
- High attention to detail; stellar time management and organization skills
- Ability to navigate ambiguity and problem solve independently without sacrificing quality of work
- Proven success in communicating effectively and building strong, trusted relationships within diverse groups
- A can-do, team mentality - no task is too small and you're willing to jump in when needed!
- Competitive salary and bonus commensurate with experience and geography
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Supplemental Medical Reimbursement Plans
- Paid Time Off & Paid Holidays
- 401k Plan with employer match
- Free Retirement Planning Consulting
- Short-term & Long-term Disability Income Protection Benefits
- Life Insurance for Teammate and Family
- Employee Assistance Program
- Recognition & Reward Program
- Perks Discount Programs
- Wellness Programs
- Pet Insurance
AddressNew York, NY
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Wizard Studios