- Position Location: Temporarily Remote due to COVID and then in U.S. Virgin Islands once travel restrictions lift
- Position Type: Temp - Full-Time
- FLSA Classification: Non-Exempt
- Compensation: Based on experience
- Travel Requirements: Temporarily remote then 100% onsite with Client
We are a growing consulting firm in need of a reliable and talented Construction - Project Manager; for the Department of Health - USVI. Your work as a Project Manager will make a real difference as you support the Quality Assurance Field team with various tasks, including field construction. Your work will directly impact our ability to assess enabling us to successfully initiate and deliver projects, and rapidly respond to our clients' needs by having boots on the ground immediately after disaster strikes.
The ideal candidate must have extensive experience working on hospital facility construction and will have demonstrated experience supporting activities related to assisting with code enforcement matters and other associated construction issues that may arise. This position will interact with the Quality Assurance Manager and Line Manager in the U.S. Virgin Islands, and requires executive presence, and strong verbal and written communication skills. We are looking for a self-motivated, responsible and confident individual with a commitment to integrity and the ability to prioritize multiple projects, meet deadlines, and work collaboratively with minimal supervision. If this sounds like you, then you have found the right fit in Witt O'Brien's.
The candidate will perform the following essential functions:
- Provide technical assistance in the preparation of RFP's for A/E and construction services
- Experience writing scopes of work for RFP's
- Review of contractor RFI's, applications for payment, and proposed change orders
- Provide technical advice during the construction bidding process
- Review and advise on construction contracts
- Review and assessment of integrated construction schedules
- Assisting in obtaining planning and/or building regulations approval
- Provide technical support to our QA field teams and solving problems on-site
- Report on quality issues to Quality Assurance Manager and Line Managers in a timely manner, including regular updates for reporting requirements
- High level organizational skills with great attention to detail
- Liaising with relevant professional staff
- Periodic monitoring and inspecting of work undertaken by the construction management firm
- Periodic inspecting of properties to check building conditions
- Good attention to details
- Assessing program requirements and ensuring that these are met
- A good working knowledge of construction methods, materials and legal regulations is important
Extensive knowledge of healthcare building systems and infrastructure is required Preferred Skills and Abilities
The candidate should possess the following:
- Strong technical writing and verbal communication skills
- Ability to meet goals with minimal direction/communication
- Precise and to the point
- Understanding of building codes and construction methodologies
- You will primarily work out of an office but may be required to make regular trips to the construction site to discuss open action items and to meet with professionals
- Enthusiastic, self-starter with desire to provide excellent service to clients
- Must pass drug test, background check and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy
- US Citizenship Required
Education and Experience Requirements
The candidate must possess the following education and experience requirements:
- Degree: A four-year bachelor's degree in construction / engineering
- Must be Project Management and Construction Management certified
- Hospital facility construction
- Years of Experience: minimum of 10+ years of experience required
- Certifications: A certification as a Healthcare Constructor from the American Hospital Association (AHA) is required. Professional Engineer (PE) or Project Management Professional (PMP) certifications are preferred, but not required.
- Experience: Healthcare construction experience for outpatient clinics is required. Strong Knowledge in FGI guidelines.
This position description incorporates the core responsibilities of the job. It recognizes that other related duties not specifically mentioned might also be performed, and that not all responsibilities may be carried out depending on operational needs.
Commitment to Diversity
Witt O'Brien's is always looking for the most qualified and experienced professionals with a passion for public safety, emergency management, homeland security, disaster response, and continuity of operations.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Our highly skilled experts protect lives, communities and businesses in both the private and public sectors. We do that with innovative services that combine decades of front-line disaster experience with out-of-the-box thinking, to generate the best outcome for our clients. As the threat of disruption from both man-made and natural disasters increases, our solutions have never been in greater demand.
Are you looking for an opportunity to join a team that makes a real difference? Do you want to be part of a collaborative team that protects and strengthens communities and businesses? If you are looking for all these opportunities and more, then Witt O’Brien’s is the right fit for you.
Please apply online using this link: https://wittobriens.applicantpro.com/jobs/1039898-37364.html
Witt O'Brien'sWitt O’Brien’s is the leader in crisis and emergency management. We help our clients prepare for, respond to and recover from disaster. Our mission is to make them readyRESILIENT®. Our highly skilled experts protect lives, communities and businesses in both the private and public sectors. We do that with innovative services that combine decades of front-line disaster experience with out-of-the-box thinking, to generate the best outcome for our clients. As the threat of disruption from both man-made and natural disasters increases, our solutions have never been in greater demand. Are you looking for an opportunity to join a team that makes a real difference? Do you want to be part of a collaborative team that protects and strengthens communities and businesses? If you are looking for all these opportunities and more, then Witt O’Brien’s is the right fit for you. Please apply online using this link: https://wittobriens.applicantpro.com/jobs/1039898-37364.html