- Posted: over a month ago
- $45,000 to $75,000 Yearly
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
The Research Analyst partners with consultants in the development, execution and completion of search assignments and in the informational support of new business development. In collaboration with business partners, the Research Analyst evaluates the work history and education of potential candidates to determine fitness, and is responsible for determining the candidates who will be included in the search record. The Research Analyst will be responsible for developing a candidate identification strategy, reviewing and analyzing research data, locating potential candidates, and assessing the highest priority candidates. In addition, he or she will retrieve and analyze relevant prior searches, and use library and external resources for gathering data on potential candidates/sources/industry information.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages research projects associated with search assignments and business development, including monitoring work efforts, creating project artifacts, creating and implementing communication plans, managing issues and risks, and reporting progress.
- Identifies most appropriate target organizations and candidates using existing internal and external resources and by developing new strategies and resources as needed.
- Analyzes organization and candidate profiles to determine the highest priority targets for each assignment.
- Acts as power user of the Witt/Kieffer database.
- Researches appropriate individuals, organizations and key industry issues to support business partners in new business development and thought leadership; presents the information in a clear format that is easily accessible.
- Gathers compensation data for job titles from surveys, online sources or through the W/K database.
- Determine fitness of potential candidates by evaluating work history and education.
- Conducts ongoing competitive analysis and monitoring of trade publications for new business leads.
- Adds newly identified individuals to the Witt/Kieffer database and updates existing database records.
- Coordinates the sending of search letters with Research Operations colleagues.
- Coordinates the placing of advertisements for open searches with Research Operations colleagues.
Foster Business Partner/Team Relationships
- Assists other analysts with overflow.
- Actively participates in monthly research staff meetings to share resources and search strategies with the department.
- Initiates a strategy start-up meeting with search team once a new search is booked.
- Develops a research strategy for each search and communicates with business partners on progress.
- Collaborate with business partners to ensure successful completion of search assignments.
- Reviews relevant trade publications and update consultants on key topics of and changes within a given industry.
- Provides suggestions and input about changes to Research Strategy processes.
- Documents the research strategies and resources used on each assignment using department standard templates.
- Builds and documents a network of information sources (i.e., associations, publishers, suppliers, industry colleagues, etc.) to enhance internal research capabilities.
- Contributes to the growth of the Witt/Kieffer knowledge management repository by suggesting additional publications and developing research tools when resources do not exist.
- Participates in Research Strategy process improvement efforts.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required; advanced degree (MBA/MLS/MHA) preferred.
- 1 to 3 years experience in executive search or similar professional services research function.
- Strong project management skills, the ability to employ critical thinking and analysis, and proven success in creative problem solving are required.
- Able to present and communicate information clearly and concisely to diverse audiences.
- Must be comfortable with using reference materials, databases, social media, online services, and internet searching tools. Advanced computer skills are necessary, including proficiency with Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and customer service skills needed.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of people.
- Healthcare, higher education, or not-for-profit industry knowledge acquired through education or work experience is a plus.
Our team features professionals with experience in the sectors we serve, further enhancing our alignment with clients’ missions and goals and our ability to recruit leaders with the best mix of skills, experience, vision and character. We also have a presence in major markets around the world, allowing us to draw on a global pool of candidates and to serve clients wherever their talent needs may be. We are ranked among the Forbes top recruiting firms and Hunt Scanlon’s list of the Top 10 executive recruiters in the U.S.
Witt/KiefferWhy Work Here?
Great benefits, competitive pay, bonus, supportive culture, work-life balance!
WittKieffer is a global executive search firm with 50 years of experience serving organizations dedicated to improving the quality of life. We are industry experts skilled at creating tailored solutions that suit each of our clients, and our depth of experience includes work with both market leaders and market disruptors. Our team features professionals with experience in the sectors we serve, further enhancing our alignment with clients’ missions and goals and our ability to recruit leaders with the best mix of skills, experience, vision and character. We also have a presence in major markets around the world, allowing us to draw on a global pool of candidates and to serve clients wherever their talent needs may be. We are ranked among the Forbes top recruiting firms and Hunt Scanlon’s list of the Top 10 executive recruiters in the U.S.
2015 Spring Road Oak BrookOak Brook, IL