Why work for us?
- $500 SIGN ON BONUS
- On the job, paid training
- WORK: JAN - DEC; no Layoffs!
- Full Benefits Package - Medical, Dental, Vision & Life Insurance; Paid Time Off
What you'll be doing:
- Operate vehicles and various lawn care tools/equipment
- Care for rose gardens by mulching, weeding, fertilizing, spraying, digging & planting.
- Use hand tools, such as shovels, rakes, pruning saws, saws, hedge or brush trimmers, or axes.
- Prune and trim bushes or hedges, using shears & pruners.
- Maintain or repair tools & equipment
- Mix and spray or spread fertilizers, herbicides, or insecticides onto rose bushes, using hand or automatic sprayers or spreaders.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Valid drivers license
- Must pass background check
- Must pass drug screen
- Must be 18 years of age
- Able to work independently
- Able to physically stand, bend, squat, and lift up to 75 pounds
We are seeking a hard-working, highly-motivated individual to join our Witherspoon family as a full-time landscaping crew member. Our crew members are responsible for planting and maintaining quality rose gardens for our customers, which includes pruning, fertilizing, weeding, mulching, and spraying. Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to, cleaning and maintaining tools and equipment, loading and unloading materials, and, above all, providing excellent customer service.
A successful applicant must have a good driving record and the ability to lift 75-100 lbs. He or she must be comfortable working outside in hot and cold temperatures. If you meet these requirements, have a great attitude, and don’t mind getting your hands dirty, send us a resume today!
SEND A RESUME. No phone calls.
Company Mission Statement:
"To enhance the lives of others through the outstanding care of one of God's finest creations, the rose.
Honesty/Integrity; Compassion; Quality; Diligence
When they founded Witherspoon Rose Culture in 1951, Bob and Thelma Witherspoon were pioneers of sorts. He was anxious to use his degree from N.C. State College, now known as NCSU, but the field of professional rose care was unchartered territory.
Now, over 65 years later, many recognize Witherspoon as the leading rose-care company in the Carolinas and Virginia. Today son-in-law David Pike, and grandson, Taylor Pike, operate the business with near 50 employees. These employees help care for some 80,000 rose bushes in nearly 2,520 gardens.
We have come a long way, but we're still family owned and still operate under the same core values Bob Witherspoon started with: Honesty, Integrity, Diligence, Quality and Compassion.
Since 1951 Witherspoon Rose Culture has been installing and maintaining rose gardens of all kinds. Witherspoon is staffed by certified rose specialists who draw upon years of proven methodology for planting and caring for rose bushes. We have the knowledge and expertise to ensure success in all varieties of roses.
Surround yourself with beauty - join the rose culture.