Class B Driver
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The mission of the CDL Driver is to deliver products to customers in a timely manner. They are responsible for accomplishing other warehouse correlated responsibilities which consist of loading and unloading trucks, picking and loading materials to/from trucks, pallets, securing loads, and pre and post trip vehicle inspections and collecting payments from customers and forwarding payments to the office department.The successful candidate will be punctual with good time management skill and provide great customer service to all customers by representing the company in a professional manner.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for driving delivery trucks (with a weight more than or equal to 26,000 pounds) in an efficient and safe manner.
- Deliver the company’s products over established routes or within an established territory.
- Load or unload the merchandise at the customer’s place of business. Be able to load and unload items weighing 50 pounds.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships between the Company and the customer.
- Provide a positive representation of the company by demonstrating safe, responsible driving practices.
- May be required do to interstate driving.
- Operate company vehicle in a safe manner by applying knowledge and skills in maneuvering vehicle at varying speeds in difficult situations such as heavy traffic, in climate weather, or in tight loading dock areas.
- Perform pre-trip, in-route and post-trip inspections on equipment. Ensure equipment defects are reported immediately.
- Keep tractor interior clean and orderly.
- Promptly report all accidents involving driver or company equipment and any delays due to customers, breakdowns, weather or traffic conditions, or other emergencies, or any irregularities relating to pick up or delivery of freight.
- Submit all paperwork and documents required by Federal D.O.T. and Wismettac in a timely manner.
- Have customers sign receipts for goods and receive payment for the merchandise if there is a cash-on-delivery arrangement.
- Turn in receipts, payments, records of deliveries made, and any reports on mechanical problems with their trucks.
- Preform and follow all Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) Section 111 (Code of Federal Regulations 21 CFR Parts 1 and 11) and Sanitary Transportation of Human and Animal Food guidelines set by Logistics Headquarters.
- Assist in loading the trucks and arrange items for ease of delivery.
Experience/ Training/ Education: The ideal candidate will have a High School Diploma or GED and hold a valid Class A or Class B commercial driver’s license. Candidate must have the ability to read, write and speak English, 1-2 years of previous driving experience in delivery vehicle preferred. Experience using forklift and electric pallet jack.
Knowledge, Skills and Ability: CDL Driver must have a valid commercial driver license; must have knowledge of traffic rules and regulations; must be able to read and write and have the mental capacity to manually complete required paperwork and reports; must have a desire to serve customers and support the warehouse department; must meet the Company’s minimum qualified drivers requirements, as defined by the Human Resources Department; must have the ability to load and unload 50 pounds; must be able to accurately read gauges and dials; must be able to enter and exit the vehicle’s cab using footholds and handholds; must be able to spend 80% to 90% of the day sitting and driving; must be able to bend and lift freight when necessary; ability to use E-log books computer/tablet system; ability to follow and adhere to Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) Section 111 (Code of Federal Regulations 21 CFR Parts 1 and 11) and Sanitary Transportation of Human and Animal Food guidelines; must be able to accomplish hand, arm, leg and foot motions necessary to driver the tractor and twisting, turning and bending needed to load/unload trailers; Must be able to work required hours; Must have knowledge of DOT regulations governing safe driving, hours of service, inspection and maintenance.
Working Conditions: Truck driving has become less physically demanding because most trucks now have more comfortable seats, better ventilation, and improved, ergonomically designed cabs. Although these changes make the work environment less taxing, driving for many hours at a stretch, loading and unloading cargo, and making many deliveries can be tiring.
CDL Drivers frequently work 50 or more hours a week. Shift could start late at night or early in the morning. Typical workweek is Monday through Friday; however, evening and weekend hours are common in some branch office. Although most drivers have regular routes, some have different routes each day. Many truck drivers load and unload their own trucks. This requires considerable lifting, carrying, and walking each day. CDL Drivers will do long-distance driving and may not return home for 2 or 4 days depending on some branch offices; may be exposed to heat, cold, dust, irritants, etc.
The U.S. Department of Transportation governs work hours and other working conditions of truck drivers engaged in interstate commerce. A long-distance driver may drive for 11 hours and work for up to 14 hours—including driving and non-driving duties—after having 10 hours off-duty. A driver may not drive after having worked for 60 hours in the past 7 days or 70 hours in the past 8 days unless they have taken at least 34 consecutive hour’s off-duty. Most drivers are required to document their time in a logbook. Many drivers, particularly on long runs, work close to the maximum time permitted because they typically are compensated according to the number of miles or hours they drive. Drivers on long runs face boredom, loneliness, and fatigue. Drivers often travel nights, holidays, and weekends to avoid traffic delays.
Compensation and Benefits*: Wismettac offers competitive pay and many perks/ benefits, which include:
- Starting Range: $27.00 to $29.00 per hour
- Retention Differential Pay: $2.00 per hour (expires on March 26th, 2023)
- Quarterly Logistics Incentive
- Health Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life & accident insurance
- Pet Insurance
- 401(k) with company matching
- 19 days of paid time off
- Wellness program and EAP assistance
- and much more (please see attachment for benefit summary)
*Most benefits require employee contribution
Pre-employment Drug testing required
Must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer.
Principals only. Recruiters, please do not contact this job posting.
Wismettac Asian Foods Inc
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at Wismettac Asian Foods Inc
Get fresh Class B Delivery Driver jobs daily straight to your inbox!