Data Extraction Support Analyst
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Wiser is looking for somebody to add to our Operations team. The ideal candidate will be well-rounded, with analytical and technical skills as well as a hard work ethic and overall fun attitude. The Data Extraction Support Analyst will be responsible for overseeing the daily stats of our crawling platforms, identifying key issues, and prioritizing them for our Operations and Engineering teams to address. You will work in the tactical elements of extraction for day-to-day issues as well as work strategically with our Product team on identifying and solving bigger larger issues that can be addressed holistically with platform features. You will work cross-functionally to create processes around prioritization of daily issues, SLAs regarding extraction operations, and develop key metrics that will be used to measure overall extraction health.
- Create processes for monitoring and management of our day-to-day extraction operations, including identifying key extraction metrics and thresholds that trigger downstream triage and resolution events
- Establish various dashboards/reports for extraction metrics
- Daily prioritization of issues for various extraction teams to address
- Work cross-functionally with Product and Engineering on identifying and solving system-wide issues
- Work cross-functionally with Product on identifying larger opportunities within the platform to reduce and/or prevent issues
- Create SLAs around extraction support and triage processes
- Understand today’s various extraction platforms, their strengths and weaknesses, and work collaboratively with Product on harnessing the good and removing the bad for the future Polaris platform
- Work cross-functionally with the Product team on critical tooling and feature development for measuring, maintaining, and alerting on extraction operations
Required Qualifications, Education, and Experience
- Proven working experience as a data analyst or related job
- Experience and/or a deep knowledge of web crawling and the various obstacles that are faced when crawling webpages
- Superb project management skills – you must have experience juggling the different processes that come with different platforms and different teams and proven experience consolidating them into 1 company-wide process
- Strong communicator who errs on the side of over-communication
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings
- Experience with JIRA and other task management tools a must
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.Travel
Occasionally as needed.Work Environment
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is required to sit for prolonged periods of time; balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The employee is required to operate essential office equipment, such as computer/laptop, phone, printer, copier, keyboard, mouse, and other office equipment on a regular basis.
Wiser Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits Discrimination, Harassment, and Retaliation of any kind. Wiser Solutions, Inc. is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants, providing a work environment free of discrimination, harassment, and retaliation. All employment decisions at Wiser Solutions, Inc. are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, family or parental status, disability, genetics, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by the state, federal, or local law. Wiser Solutions, Inc. will not tolerate discrimination, harassment, or retaliation based on any of these characteristics.
EEO is the Law. Click here to view your rights.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Powered by JazzHR
Get fresh Master Extractor jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.