Quality Assurance Coordinator
Wise Snacks Berwick, PA
- Expired: 29 days ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Quality Assurance Coordinator will monitor operations to ensure and verify compliance with established procedures pertaining to food safety, quality and customer specifications during the manufacturing process of our products.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure the safety and quality of all products that leave our facility while balancing the needs of production
- Oversee the team responsible for maintaining a safe and clean work area in both the production facility and common employee areas (e.g., bathrooms, break rooms, office spaces) by cleaning, sanitizing, and disposing of waste
- Work to maintain, improve and create Food Safety/Quality programs for the facility
- Act as primary point of contact for training in food safety, GMP, quality, and safety topics, as well as any other topics as directed by Manager
- Lead in the review, update, or create Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) coordinating with various departments
- Lead in product process capability studies, sample run quality, etc. tracking results and communicating to Management
- Investigate quality and safety concerns working with management in all departments
- Support the internal auditing program, assessing the performance of the quality system, reporting its effectiveness to management, and proposing actions for improvement
- Assist in customer/consumer complaint investigation and resolution
- Work with customer service in authorizing credits with returned products
- Ensure that products are produced to specification to meet safety, quality, and regulatory requirements
- Other duties as assigned.
- Perform employee safety inspections / observations
- Complete safety accident / incident reports as necessary.
- Support plant safety initiatives
Required Education/Experience/Specific-job-related skills:
- Associate Degree in Food Science or Science related degree preferred
- 1 year of experience in food manufacturing preferred
- Familiarity with food safety, allergen assessment, and regulatory requirements
- Understanding of plant information systems (i.e., ERP systems)
- Critical analysis and creative thinking skills
- Effective written, verbal and interpersonal skills
- Effective time management skills with the ability to adjust to changing priorities
- Physically be able to navigate throughout plant / industrial environment without impediment
- Able to work overtime/ weekends when required.
Our company offers a competitive package including vacation, paid holidays, 401(k), health, dental and vision insurance and voluntary STD, LTD, and life insurance benefits.
Wise Foods Inc. is a leading producer of salty snacks with a long heritage. Founded in 1921, Wise is a brand of tradition and authenticity that consumers have come to know and trust over the last 100 years. Since our inception, our iconic brand has symbolized great tasting snacks for many generations of consumers including potato chips; cheese flavored baked and fried corn snacks, tortilla chips, pretzels, popcorn, corn chips, onion rings and other assorted snacks. We market our products under some of the most recognizable brand names in the salty snack industry, including Wise, Cheez Doodles, New York Deli and Bravos. We also produce private label products for a number of retailers. Products are distributed using a direct-store-door ("DSD") delivery and merchandising system and sold in major grocery retailers, neighborhood markets and urban bodegas, as well as established retailers in the mass, convenience store, drug, food service and club channels. Wise Foods is fully owned by Arca Continental, the second largest Coca-Cola bottler in Latin America and one of the largest in the world. We invite you to explore growing your career with Wise!
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
TechnologyView all jobs at Wise Snacks