2nd shift Packing Room Mechanic - (multiple openings)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
2nd shift (4pm-12am Midnight) Mandatory Overtime
$21.72 Plus $4,000 Retention Bonus
The 2nd Class Packing Room Maintenance Mechanic must have a basic knowledge of mechanical principles, electrical circuits and also have potential trade or craft ability.
This position also requires the following minimal qualifications:
Physical- Required lifting in excess of 50 lbs, bending, stooping, performing work in confined spaces, climbing ladders and working from lifts.
Mechanical- Basic knowledge and skill in the use of the following:
- Basic Mechanics hand tools- Wrenches, pliers, screwdrivers, etc.
- Power tools- Hand drills, portable saws, grinders, cutoff tools, etc.
- Machine shop equipment- Lathes, milling machine, grinders, drill presses, band saws, hydraulic shear and press break.
- Lubrication- Use and maintenance of oil and grease levels on equipment.
- Measuring equipment- Tape measure, dial calipers and scales
Electrical- Basic knowledge and the skills of the following:
- Troubleshooting AC and DC electrical circuits
- Must be able to read and follow electrical drawings.
- Use of the applicable tools and equipment required to make repairs.
Welding- Basic knowledge and skill in the following: Fabrication- Basic knowledge of the principles involved in material design
- ARC, TIG and MIG
- Acetylene torch cutting
Safety- Knowledge of fire prevention practices, procedures and equipment.
- Demonstrate knowledge of safety rules, regulations and practices with regard to personal safety and the safety of others in the immediate work area. Installation and removal of equipment. Operate company vehicles.
- Operate lift trucks, platform lifts and articulating boom lift
- Repairing, rebuilding and maintaining packaging room equipment.
- The 2nd Class Packing Room Mechanic will work under the supervision of a higher grade mechanic or the shift supervisor and the duties required will consist of the following:
GMP- Work and comply with the company GMP standards.
Wise Foods Inc. (or AC Food and Snacks) is a leading producer of salty snacks with a long heritage. Founded in 1921, Wise is a brand of tradition and authenticity that consumers have come to know and trust over the last 100 years. We market our products under some of the most recognizable brand names in the salty snack industry, including Wise, Cheez Doodles, New York Deli, Bravos, Deep River and Carolina Country Snacks. We are fully owned by Arca Continental, the second largest Coca-Cola bottler in Latin America and one of the largest in the world. We invite you to explore growing your career with Wise!
To search for other job opportunities, go to www.wisesnacks.com/careers
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at Wise Snacks