Note: The Clinical Practitioner shall provide Behavioral Healthcare services for the
approximately 7,200 Soldiers in the Wisconsin Army National Guard (WIARNG).
Professional counseling includes, but is not limited to, the diagnosis and treatment of mental
and emotional disorders, including addictive disorders; psychoeducational techniques aimed at
the prevention of such disorders; guidance to individuals, couples, families and groups who are
dealing with issues that affect their mental health and well-being. Encourage clients to discuss
emotions and experiences. Examine issues as reported by client and asses for level of risk.
Develop safety plans and refer to inpatient hospitalization if risk is deemed high. Help clients
define goals, plan action and gain insight. Refer clients to psychologists and other services as
1. Read, write, speak English and have a demonstrated knowledge of protocol and office
2. Provide various types of clinical and administrative psychological evaluations for
WIARNG members, including, but not limited to, fitness for duty evaluations and
Medical Readiness Decision Point (MRDP) evaluations.
3. Shall review behavioral health documentation, evaluate using psychological techniques,
and monitor the behavioral health status of service members.
4. Shall maintain knowledge of and proficiency with the array of local, state, and national
external behavioral health resources available to WIARNG service members.
5. Shall demonstrate professionally effective verbal and written communication skills.
6. Shall deliver clinical paperwork, including entries into eCase, eProfile updates,
completion of DA Form 3822, Standard Form 600, and other forms when required no
later than five (5) business days following soldier contact.
7. Shall work with the assessment and tracking of behavioral health trends in order to
identify problems and gaps in service and devise methods to improve and enhance the
system. This will include the implementation, development and sustainment of
behavioral health policies, procedures, and initiatives.
8. Shall serve as a resource for soldiers and unit commands regarding implementation of
treatment recommendations and restrictions of Soldier activities.
9. When clinically appropriate, provide clinical case management services including
assessment, intervention plan, referral, and monitoring of clinical progress. Shall assess
the Service Member (SM) for his/her presenting issues; define an appropriate
intervention plan; work with collateral agents (if applicable); conduct follow up with the
SM and collateral agents; and consult with the SM’s supervisor/commander regarding
duty limiting conditions (if applicable). Shall ensure accurate profiles are in place for
service members with behavioral health difficulties. This requires compliance with all
case management and clinical documentation requirements for case referrals.
10. Shall facilitate the prevention and education of mental health issues, early intervention,
crisis response and post-incident recovery.
11. Shall possess computer skills with Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, Access, and data
entry skills sufficient to create and maintain clinical recording keeping duties.
12. Shall provide technical expertise to medical personnel toward identifying, evaluating,
resourcing, monitoring, and determining dispositions for service members with
behavioral health difficulties.
13. Shall prepare statistical and narrative reports of activities related to behavioral health
within the Behavioral Health Program.
14. Shall comply with all case management and clinical documentation requirements as
noted in the performance requirements summary.
15. Shall provide clinical consultations to command leadership to foster quality care and
mission readiness while respecting HIPAA regulations and ethical standards.
16. Shall provide non-clinical consultations on a variety of behavioral health and wellness
issues including elements of military or civilian life that do not clearly fit into a mental,
behavioral, or emotional disorder, problem, concern or well-being framework, yet
require the expertise of a behavioral health professional to assist in short term problem
17. Shall provide Traumatic Event Management (TEM) in accordance with (IAW) the Army
18. Shall contribute as a primary subject matter expert to the WIARNG community on
matters related to behavioral health.
19. Shall attend required staff meetings.
1. Ethical Conduct
2. Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
3. Problem Solving/Analysis
6. Time Management
7. Communication Proficiency
8. Organization Skills
10. Technical Capacity