The Division of Transportation System Development Southwest Region is looking for Entry and Senior level Transportation Specialists in Project Development.
WisDOT is a great place to work! We offer amazing benefits such as a casual office atmosphere, flexible work schedules, ample vacation time, excellent health benefits, and an exceptional employee assistance program that offers a variety of programs and tools to help promote an employee's wellness and health. For more information on WisDOT you can visit our website by clicking here.
Click here to find out what current employees have to say about "Rewarding Work at WisDOT".
Find out more about what it's like to work for the State of Wisconsin in this video!
Come work for us and find out what over 40,000 dedicated employees have already discovered - interesting jobs, excellent benefits, and many advancement opportunities that allow you to touch the lives of Wisconsin's citizens and Improve the State of your Career.
WisDOT is proud to be one of the largest engineering employers in Wisconsin with 800+ civil engineers on staff! WisDOT has engineering opportunities in a wide variety of focus areas including materials, structures, environmental, construction, design, utilities and traffic. Visit our website for more information on WisDOT's operations. Position Summary: Transportation Specialist (Entry or Senior level) - Project Development:
- Headquarters for the current vacancy is located in Lacrosse, Wisconsin.
- Position works in the Project Development Section on design and construction of highway improvement projects in their assigned geographic area.
- Duties include: Producing and editing engineering exhibits, completion of various design components including design study reports, environmental documentation, estimates, quantities, plans and specifications necessary for highway improvement project's design, etc..
WisDOT does not sponsor work visas. Any appointment made will be contingent on the applicant being able to prove valid status to work in the United States.
Prior to any appointments for position(s) filled from this announcement, candidates may be subject to a comprehensive criminal background check with may include FBI fingerprinting.
Special Requirements for this position:
- Fieldwork is required. This fieldwork can include working in all seasons, including adverse weather conditions and working in high volume traffic conditions. Bending on a limited basis. Lifting approximately 50 lbs. and carrying this load approximately 50 feet over varying terrain.
- Occasional independent statewide travel
- Frequent independent travel within the Region to project sites depending project phase and project complexity
A minimally qualified applicant at the entry level will have:
- Experience with operating AutoCAD 3D design software (Some Examples: understating of autocad functionality, ability to create simple working drawings, ability to modify existing working drawings, etc.)
- Education or experience with engineering principles and methods utilized in highway design and construction. Candidate has training and or experience in any of the following areas: materials testing, construction inspection, preparing plans and bid documents, utility instillation, or reviewing/interpreting plats and/or right of ways, or comparable experience.
- Met all of the criteria listed above at the entry level, and
- Extensive knowledge in the use of AutoCAD Civil 3D or comparable software and extensive knowledge in the engineering principles and methods required for development (Examples: ability to create corridors models, surfaces and/or sections in Civil 3D, ability to produce complex detailed drawings and/or plan sheets, ability to prepare contract specifications, ability to layout intersections and/or interchanges, ability to establish horizontal and/or vertical alignments, etc.).
To apply, click "Log In" to access your existing account or to create a new account if you don't have an account with Wisc.Jobs. Once you are logged in, click "Apply Now." You will be asked to provide your personal information, attach a resume and insert your letter of qualifications. Applicants must submit both a resume and a letter of qualifications to be considered further.
Your letter of qualifications and resume are very important parts of your application at WisDOT and are used during our evaluation process to determine your qualifications as they relate to the job. For instructions on developing your resume and letter of qualifications for your WisDOT application and what should be included in these materials, click here.
Submitted materials will be evaluated and the most qualified applicants will be invited to participate in the next step of the hiring process for available vacancies. Questions can be directed to Tyler Neuenfeldt at (608)471-5975 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
County(ies): La Crosse
Type of Employment: Full Time (40 hrs/week)
Salary: The entry position is in pay schedule 14-15. Starting salary is between $41,371 to $45,760, depending on qualifications. The senior level position in in pay schedule 14-14. Starting salary is between $49,920 to $56,160 depending upon qualifications. These positions offer excellent benefits.
Contact: Tyler Neuenfeldt, HR Specialist-Sr., 608-471-5975 email@example.com
Bargaining Unit: Non-Represented
Area of Competition: Open
Deadline to Apply: 10/17/2019 All application materials are due by 11:59 pm.
Assessment Information: 25961 - 008 TRANSPORTATION SPECIALIST Preview Assessment
Classification Title: / JAC: TRANSPORTATION SPECIALIST 19-02863
Job Working Title: Transportation Specialist Entry or Senior