As part of our Illinois Material Handling division, the Account Manager will work out of our Bolingbrook branch covering Lake County and Northern Cook County.
Position summary: Perform field promotional work to sell and develop new business and maintain existing business. Demonstrate products and after market services and initiate proposals. Analyze customer applications and recommend equipment and/or services best suited to customer’s environment.
General Purpose: To maintain and grow market share in our sales territory, meet and exceed sales goals, and generate profits.
- Must partner with inside staff and area field techs to ensure thorough sales coverage and customer satisfaction.
- Must willingly participate in every opportunity to gain education on material handling products – ours and the competition’s.
- Must meet and exceed sales goals.
- Must maintain communication with internal sales support team, field service techs, and management.
- Call and/or visit businesses on assigned account listing on routine basis, and include cold calls as often as possible. Minimum 8 or more contacts daily, based on your business plan.
- Develop solid working relationships with fellow company employees and with vendors who may support your customers
- Develop solid business relationships with customers.
- Promote all products and services assigned to you and initiate proposals, negotiate, and close business. Work closely with inside support staff.
- Arrange for equipment demonstrations as needed; be with customer when equipment arrives.
- Be aware of what business needs boosting and be able to shift gears – if rentals are slow, promote rentals; if shop is slow, look for service work for our shop; etc.
- Maintain current customer information in company’s computer database; record all sales calls and mileage information.
- Stay informed and trained on various services and products and new equipment provided by manufacturers we represent; attend schools when available.
- Submit monthly forecasts and lost order reports to field sales manager.
- Entertain customers as appropriate and be available outside of normal business hours.
- Attend trade shows as required.
- Assist when requested in resolving any customer problems or complaints.
- Actively seek leads for products or services that are handled by other sales reps or divisions and forward same to them.
- Work with / mentor entry level sales people as assigned.
Essential skills and experience:
- Associate’s Degree in Sales and Marketing or equivalent experience of at least 4 years in same or similar industrial environment.
- Demonstrated ability to develop solid business relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to sell at a profitable level and meet goals.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to think ahead and plan over a one-year time span.
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, and communication skills.
- Expert knowledge of industrial powered equipment and our industry.
- Strong computer proficiency.
- Commitment to company vision and mission.
- Valid driver’s license with good driving record.
Nonessential skills and experience:
- Professional certification in Sales (such as CAMH).
- Experience in all aspects of our business.
- Awareness of lean business principles.
Reporting to this position: No direct reports