Wireless Zone®, A Verizon Wireless Premium Retailer is the nation's largest wireless retail franchise with over 400 stores and growing. Our independently owned and operated franchise stores have provided Verizon products and services for 32 years. Furthermore, for 5 consecutive years, Verizon has recognized our knowledgeable and friendly staff as the National Customer Loyalty Award Winner.
As a Verizon Authorized Retailer, Wireless Zone combines the power of Verizon with the dedication of a local business. Franchise Times Top 200 has recognized the Wireless Zone franchise. Verizon has been ranked by Forbes as one of the World’s Most Valuable Brands – solidifying our connection as high performing experts in the industry.
We are looking for a high-performing sales associate with experience in the cellular, retail or customer service industry.
- Competitive pay with uncapped earning potential (hourly wage plus commissions and bonuses)
- Opportunity to earn profit-sharing incentives
- Paid time off
- Paid Holidays
- Employee Discount on Verizon Wireless plans
- On-going training on the latest technology
- A fun, fast-paced work environment
- A growing company with lots of opportunity for growth
- Career advancement opportunities
- Is passionate about Mobile technology and believes it is more than a way to communicate, that it is a necessity of our daily lives and whose values align with Wireless Zone’s culture - we are on a mission to help all customers find the right device and service for themselves, their family, their business and their lifestyle.
- Delivers a WOW experience to everyone – you go above and beyond what's expected in every interaction with co-workers and customers to make the receiver say “wow".
- Is always selling – you build value and passionately communicate the benefits of our products to your customers
- Is rejection-proof – you have no fear of the word “no” and overcome objections through problem-solving and understanding the other person’s wants and needs.
- Is a self-starter – you are a person of action and believe procrastination is the enemy of success and therefore, you don’t put off to tomorrow what you can accomplish today.
- Desires to be a part of a team – you truly believe that if you want to go far, you have to go together.
- Has a burning desire to always be learning – you are obsessed about gaining new knowledge through self-education and passing along that wisdom to your team and customers
- Has a commitment to overachievement – you have a “never quit” attitude, and motivate yourself and others to overachieve against targets regardless of the adversity being faced.
- Views new challenges optimistically – you believe every problem has a solution and you just have to be creative enough to find it.
- Is fanatical about organizing and cleaning your store – you despise anything unorganized, dislike clutter, and will eliminate all dirt from your store with the motto “If I have time to lean, I have time to clean”.
- Sell all retail products and services offered by our company
- Meet and exceed assigned sales goals
- Handle all administrative aspects of the sale, including completing customer contracts and warranties, pulling products from inventory, accepting customer payments, and filing the completed orders.
- Understand your customers' needs and help them discover how our products meet those needs
- Maintain strong knowledge of all Company products, accessories, pricing plans, promotions, and service features.
- Maintain knowledge of competitive offers and provide critical market feedback to the Store Manager regarding local competition and product/service needs.
- Provides efficient and courteous customer service
- Educate and engage customers through product demonstrations
- Troubleshoot technical issues for customers’ wireless devices and accessories to ensure customer satisfaction
- Keep a clean and organized work area
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced team environment
- Strong communication skills
- Solid sales skills
- Familiarity with mobile devices and technology
- Basic Math skills
- Above Average computer skills
- Self-confidence to assert knowledge and expertise of product
- Ability to work independently without close supervision
- Aptitude to learn communication products and services
- Self-motivation to achieve monthly sales targets
- Good decision-making skills
- Ability to provide high levels of customer service
- Ability to work during the week, weekends, and holidays
- Ability to work 40 hours per week
- Successful completion of the Verizon and Wireless Zone training process is required upon hiring
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
- 1+ years of sales experience preferred
- 1+ years of customer service experience preferred
- 1+ years of retail experience preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Outlook including Outlook tasks
- Experience with Microsoft Office including Word and Excel
- Familiarity with Microsoft SharePoint (SharePoint is a shared drive similar to Google Drive, Dropbox or OneDrive)
Wireless Zone - Grinnell, IA