Lead Software Engineer
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Paid Time Off , Life Insurance , Retirement
Wireless Telecom Group, Inc., comprised of Boonton Electronics, Holzworth, and Noisecom, is a global designer and manufacturer of advanced RF and microwave components, modules, systems and instruments. Serving the wireless, telecommunication, satellite, military, aerospace, semiconductor and medical industries, Wireless Telecom Group products enable innovation across a wide range of traditional and emerging wireless technologies. We have a new opportunity for a Lead Software Engineer within our Parsippany, New Jersey facility.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Lead Software Engineer will be responsible for leading a team and participating in developing and maintaining software libraries and applications for RF test instruments. This may include desktop applications, software libraries, and embedded software or firmware. The Lead Software Engineer will also be responsible for communicating with hardware devices over hardware busses such as USB and SPI. We are seeking an incumbent who will be able to take ownership of tasks and produce high quality software that will be ready for deployment to end users.
Some responsibilities include:
- Lead and develop the software team to address existing and emerging requirements
- Reliably determine and execute software development schedules
- Participate in all phases of software development for new products
- Develop proof of concept R&D test and data gathering software
- Create custom solutions for end users
- Linux system configuration and administration for embedded solutions
- Develop user interfaces for touchscreen displays
- Maintain legacy customer-facing software
- Define and develop custom software/hardware interfaces
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field.
- At least five years of software team management experience
- Proven software development project management success
- At least three years of experience developing software using Python and C or C++
- At least three years in embedded software product design
- At least two years of developing software for Linux
- Familiarity with digital logic and data acquisition concepts
- Experience with the entire software development life cycle including post-release maintenance and support
- Self-starter is a must
- Passion for continuous learning and professional growth
- Proficiency with C#
- Experience with developing software for Raspberry Pi
- Cross-platform software development, especially using C or C++
We offer the following benefits to full-time employees who have met all eligibility requirements:
- Group medical, dental and vision plans
- Group life/AD&D and long-term disability insurance
- Group 401(k) plan with company matching contributions
- Paid time off and company paid holidays
- Casual business attire
Visit our corporate website at www.wirelesstelecomgroup.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Comments: Nothing in this job description restricts Management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Wireless Telecom GroupParsippany, NJ
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.